Chapter Three

• Dedicated to Priscilla Simmons

The next day got off to a great start. Trevor had left about an hour ago and I was still walking around on cloud nine. Could he have done anything better? The only thing that would make my day was, if he called and asked to see me again tonight. Thinking about how much he pleased me orally, all the complaining I have been doing lately about getting fucked was out the door. To be quite honest, I was satisfied. I really didn‟t want to find out how good the dick was, because what once was lust had evolved into something more intense. This man was a true work of art. A masterpiece and he was all mine. Well, that‟s what I thought.

I was fresh out the shower and my nipples were erect, standing at attention. I was wearing a black tank top and red lace boy shorts that exposed my ass cheeks and an apron wrapped around my waist. My body was oiled up with the fragrance of Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works and I was wearing flip flops showing off my fresh pedicure. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner just in case he came by to visit. I had to show off my cooking skills. A man loves a woman that can prepare him a home-cooked meal.

Cooking was a hobby of mine. I loved buying cookbooks and creating different dishes. I have always been the one to experiment. I was preparing boneless, skinless, garlic and herb chicken breast stuffed with asparagus, penne pasta in a tomato parmesan cheese sauce and vegetable medley with croissants. A meal is never complete unless it is accompanied with a glass of Riesling. What a lovely meal for such a lovely man. I am getting goose bumps just thinking about him.

Putting the finishing touches on my meal, the phone rang. I turned my pots down and headed to the living room to answer the phone. Looking at the number, which didn‟t look familiar at all, I answered the phone.

“Hello.”

“Hi, can I speak to the woman of the house please?” The woman asked calmly.

“Speaking.”

“Hi. This is Candice. Do…you…have a minute to talk?”

Sitting down on the couch, “Sure, may I ask what‟s the reason for this call?”

“I am Trevor's fiancé.”

I could not believe my ears. Please tell me this was a nightmare. Just when you try to eliminate the bad from someone, it never fails. They hit you with a curve ball. My hope of one day having a man in my life that wasn‟t on bullshit was over. Once again my dreams were shattered. I wanted to break down and cry, but could not and would not do that now. I had to suck it up and talk to this woman.

“What is the reason for your call?” I asked again, sharply.

“Well, I have been wondering why he hasn‟t been home and I see why. Do you know that he has a family?”

I didn't know how to answer the question. I felt heartbroken and betrayed. My stomach quivered and I could feel the saliva accumulating in my mouth. I felt sick. I felt like I had to vomit.

“No. I-I…didn‟t. He never—”

Interrupting me, “Mentioned being engaged or that he had children?” She scowled..

“N—No he didn't. Had I known, I would have never—”

“Fucked him? Yeah, yeah that‟s what they all say,” she snapped.

What in the hell just happened? Out of the blue this woman calls my phone because she can‟t find her man and thinks that she is just going to verbally bash me? Those past personalities I had are about to come out right now.