o n e

Fourteen days

That's how long I've been trapped in this blasted cell, for trespassing.

Cristine, we trespassed the royal pack lines, that's like a lot worse. My wolf scolds me as if I'm stupid. But the real reason I'm being kept in a cell for so long is because the Alpha King is out of town, but according to the guards, he was supposed to come back today. I can't wait to be free again.

"Get up mutt" one of my prison guards spits, unlocking the silver door with thick gloves as to not hurt himself. I growl at him, it only earns me another electrocution from the long black rod he carries. With two guards on opposite sides of me, I am all but dragged up several flights of stairs until I'm met with the most beautiful room I've ever seen.

The floors where pristine white marble, intricately sculpted columns and sculptures erupting from them, reaching all the way to the chandelier-clad ceiling. I hadn't showered in goddess knows how long and I was afraid if I looked down at the floor, I would see my filthy footprints leaving a trail behind me. But the room, not only was the room beautiful, it also smelt amazing, like the ocean.

Suddenly, the guards come to a halt before pushing me to kneel on the ground, my head hanging low.

"Alpha," The guard says serenely as if being in the King's presence was a blessing in itself. "This mutt here was caught trespassing about two weeks ago, we kept her for you. We know you like to kill the pretty ones" his words make me shudder. I can't believe this, all I did was get a little bit lost.

But hey, I guess I'm "one of the pretty ones"

I'll take what I can get...

"You're a defect" The King states, sounding disgusted. My wolf whimpers at her King's disapproval.

"No Alpha, I choose not to shift." The tension in the room increases tenfold. I am too nervous to look up, but after a few moments of silence, I decided to take my chances. The sweet environment making me much more peaceful than what was normal.

The moment my blue eyes met with the Alphas green ones, I felt it.

The mate bond audibly clicking.

Like a light switch.

"Matthews and Ryker você está desculpado" [you are excused] The Portuguese rolls off his tongue easily, like honey. I have no idea what he just said.

The King signals to the guards, not breaking eye-contact with me. His eyes are cold which sends shivers down my spine.

"But-" One of the guards protests, I don't see, I can't look away from his eyes, it's like I'm trapped, paralyzed. I hear some shuffling behind me before eventually hearing their retreating footsteps. I'm still kneeling on the ground.

Once I hear the door slam The King gets up from his throne and takes intimidating steps towards me.

He has black, disheveled hair that is slightly wavy, a strand falls on his forehead but he makes no effort to move it. His sculpted face and green eyes bore into mine, breaking eye contact just for them to roam over my body, examining me. He halts, standing right in front of my kneeling figure. He has to be at least 6'3", well built, but not so muscular that it looks like he's on anabolic steroids.

Classy.

Squatting in front of me, he roughly grabs my chin, sparks invade my body.

Ok, Not classy.