f o u r t e e n

"He was discharged?" Sebastián asks a wide-eyed Aleksander, slowly getting out of bed. Aleksander nods his head aggressively, still unable to comprehend the fact that Sebastián's cousin has returned. "Why didn't anyone tell me?" Sebastián curses under his breath and closes my laptop, holding his hand out for me to take it.

"I don't know, you should ask your Uncle, or your Aunt" Aleksander brushes off the fact that it is incredibly weird for a person to be discharged from a hospital without a notification being sent to his family, especially if he was leaving alone. I didn't even know you were allowed to leave by yourself, I'd always assumed it was done with a parent or guardian, but maybe since Francisco isn't a child...It must be different. "Come on" Aleksander urges us forward, giving a slight push from behind which Sebastián turns around and gives a warning growl to.

Once we reached the bottom of the staircase, Sebastián's hand lets go of mine only to be placed on my lower back.

"Francisco?" Sebastián tilts his head at the sight of a tall, brunette man whose back is turned towards us. Upon hearing his name, Francisco turns around. He looks back and forth between us before a smile grows across his face.

"So you're finally cuffed?" He smirks at us. Sebastián only rolls his eyes, biting his lip to suppress a smile.

"Shut up" He mutters, accepting Francisco's hug. One of those bro-hug things, it was interesting to watch. Francisco turns to me with a bright smile on his face. He seemed really upbeat for someone who just spent years in a behavioral health hospital.

"Hi, I'm the psychotic Prince" A sad smile spreads across his face as he holds his hand out for me to shake.

"You're not psychotic" I accept his handshake. His palms were warm, slightly clammy, he seemed off. Something wasn't right here.

"Whatever you say" He tried to act as if he wasn't affected by the fact that everyone knew where he was, but his face made him transparent.

"I'm Cristine" I give him my warmest smile. Sebastián looks between the two of us assessing the situation, he looked confused, I had no idea why.

"Well it's nice to meet you Cristine, people call me Chico" I am about to reply when Dmitri walks into the living room. He looked furious.

"Son" He growls through gritted teeth.

"Father" Chico replies with an equal, if not greater amount of aggression.

"May we speak in private" Dmitri's eyes glance at us before snapping back to Chico.

"Fine" Chico says, leaving to god knows where with Dmitri. I look at Sebastián, confused.

"Why did Dmitri seem so mad?" Sebastián's eyes snap to mine as if I was pulling him out of a trance.

"Excuse me, Cristine, I have to go do something" His face was stoic as he completely disregards me, walking up the stairs most likely going to his office. Well then. There goes that...

Begrudgingly, I stomp upstairs, returning to our room with my screens as my only form of entertainment. I had no idea where everyone else was.

A chill goes down my spine, spreading goosebumps all over my body. The window had been left open for some unknown reason, it was like a freezer in here. Angrily, I slam the window closed and go in the closet to grab a hoodie to wear. I pull the familiar black hoodie over my head, hearing a crunch as it envelopes me with its warmth.

That's odd.

Reaching in the kangaroo pocket, I pull out a crispy napkin. On it was a phone number.