s e v e n

My heat was coming soon, I felt it. To say I was nervous would be an understatement, I was terrified.

    Our heat was exactly like a wolf's heat was. It happens for the sole purpose of reproducing and growing the population. When a female was on heat, her scent becomes irresistible to all males, even those who weren't her mate. Every single male she encountered would be trying to mate with her, it was animalistic and disgusting. Not to mention how stressful it is having the entire male werewolf population trying to impregnate you.

    Contrary to popular belief, your heat doesn't stop after you and your mate finally have sex and are sealed to each other, it only stops for a year, and then it starts up again. Our bodies were adamant on producing offspring, and since wolves usually have a litter of pups once every year, we got our heat every year.

    Of course, if you didn't want pups you could use a condom, one of the plus sides of being half human, and you would still be relieved of the pain that comes with heat.

    Unfortunately for me, I was constantly surrounded by men, and the one who I'm supposed to be claimed by is out of sight and mind. More out of sight than mind though.

    All females go through heat at different times, mine just so happens to land on every full moon, when wolves were in their most primal state of mind, which was not really helping my situation. It's like a period, almost exactly. You bleed beforehand when you are unmated and unmarked and when you find your mate, the blood turns into heat.

    It's pretty weird.

    Anyways.

    I received my first paycheck yesterday, it's not much, but it's at least something. Spencer's advances were kind of overwhelming. I admit, he was attractive, I cannot deny that, but the thought of any other man touching me made me sick to my stomach. And it sucked. He was hot.

    The other day he had tried to ask me out for dinner or something but I lied and said my dog was coming into town that day and immediately ran away from him as fast as possible. My dog is coming into town, like what? I panicked.

    Despite Sebastián not being around, I still felt signs of him. Like someone is watching me. The fact that the married man who approached me my first day kept showing up didn't really help either. Since then I've noticed he was no longer wearing his wedding ring. It gave me this sick feeling. I wonder if Sebastián...

    I quickly brush the thought away, if Sebastián was with someone I would've felt it, right?

    "Excuse me, did you hear me?" Some annoying girl snaps her acrylic nails in my face. She was definitely used to being at more prestige clubs, seeing how she wouldn't stop complaining about every little thing. I give her a blank look and she groans. "I want a Rosé!" She demands. Seeing me get to work, she continues the conversation she was having with her girlfriends.

    "Did you hear that the Prince is still in that mental hospital?" One of the brunettes chuckles as if she was superior to said Prince because she isn't in a mental hospital.

    "Serves him right, he tried to steal the crown from my Sebby" The redhead pouts after sipping the rosé I set down for her earlier. My jaw ticked at the mention of my mate, they called him theirs and didn't address him formally, they even cut down his name. It put me at unease.

    "Your  King Sebastián? Jeanna, you're kidding right?" The brunette looks at the girl who's apparently called Jeanna, ridiculously.

    "He's my mate, I'm sure of it!" She says matter-of-factly, raising her head in pride. I roll my eyes. Some people.