f i f t e e n

My plan was almost successful, that was until I ran into Aleks while walking out of the door.

    "Where are you going?" He asks suspiciously. I cringe and smile, simultaneously, a cringe smile. Out of nervousness, my hand plays with my necklace but it only ends up making me feel worse, I can't believe I'm doing this. If Sebastián finds out he'll be pissed. I'm fairly sure of it.

    "Out" He raises an eyebrow. Ok, it was a shitty answer. "With a friend, we're going shopping" He frowns.

    "Is she hot?" I groan and as if on cue my phone pings.

    Jeanna: You should totally bring your mate! Please?

    Cristine: I'll ask, can't guarantee he'll say yes.

    I don't wait for her to text me back and don't look back at my phone upon hearing it ping again.

    "Ok here's the thing" Aleks crosses his arms over his chest, almost as if he knew what I was about to say was no good. "This girl is a new friend, I met her at the bar I worked at and she's like ten levels cooler than me and has a huge crush on Sebastián" He raises an eyebrow. "Also I might have used you as a scapegoat" I give him my best 'please don't kill me smile'.

    "Uhm. that's fine I guess?" He visibly shudders, looking uncomfortable and unsure of what to say. I scoff.

    "Okay...good." I dismiss walking outside. What I didn't expect though was Sebastián to be there, walking out of his now parked car. I gape at him. What in the world...

    "You going out?" He questions, ignoring the fact that he was here and not in D.C. which was pretty weird. Seeing my shellshocked face he rolls his eyes. "The meeting got cancelled"

    "Oh..." I trail off. That's odd. "Yeah, I'm going out" Wait a second, how am I going to get there.

    Idiot. I tell my wolf to shut up and turn to Sebastián with a smile.

    "Can you do me a favor?" He crosses his arms over his chest, waiting for me to continue. "I don't have a ride" He huffs, pulling out his car keys.

    "Come on" He nods his head towards the car, silently telling me to get in. "You should consider getting your license" I watch as his muscles flex against his white dress shirt that he had rolled up to his elbows...it was oddly attractive. He clears his throat, causing me to make eye contact with him, my face heating up.

    "Sorry, what did you say?" I give him a sheepish smile. He shakes his head.

    "Doesn't matter" The car is enveloped in comfortable silence once again when a thought pops into my mind. Crap.

    "Hey so here's the thing" Sebastián's eyes momentarily meet mine before focusing back on the road, silently telling me he's listening. The shiny skyscrapers and large buildings were all around us, telling me that there wasn't much time until we reached our destination. "I told this friend that you weren't my mate" He gives me an incredulous look, about to say something before I cut him off. "Just listen. This girl thinks that she's your mate and I didn't want to burst her bubble" I wince waiting for the blow.

    "Fine. Then I'll tell her" My face pales. Well this should be interesting. "That mark is there to tell the world you're mine, not anyone else's" I feel the sudden urge to remind him that he does not in fact own me but I didn't want to start an argument.

    After about twenty minutes of looking for street parking, Sebastián pulls up to the curb in front of an athletic store. I silently wait for him to pay for the parking on his phone and follow him as he hops out of the car.