Chapter 4: Lord Slytherin

Tom smiled politely at the senile old fool, imagining the death of the man who sought to destroy the wizarding world. Dumbledore was casually sipping his tea, observing the strange family who had demanded a re-sort. Something about the dark-haired man and child was very familiar, but try as he may, he just couldn't put his finger on it.

"Hello, Headmaster. I am Lord Slytherin. I am head of many Ancient, Noble and Sacred houses. It has been brought to my attention that my grandchild was placed in the wrong house and has suffered for this misplacement." Tom was fighting off a smug smirk, taking great satisfaction from Dumbledore's shock at his name and the paleness at seeing the crest. "As my son and his mates have reclaimed guardianship of him once more, I must ask that you comply or I will be forced to take this to the Board of Governors."

Albus nodded, looking to Professor McGonagall to try to stop the first re-sorting in over a century, only for McGonagall to simply presented the hat. Albus sighed in mock sadness.

"I can't say I understand why you would want to re-sort the child. Is it because he is the first Gryffindor in a long line of Slytherins?" Tom hid an undignified snort. He could not believe that Dumbledore was trying to make it seem as if family being in the same house mattered more than the safety of the family member.

"Headmaster, It matters not which house he is in, but of his treatment in said house. Since he had been at Hogwarts, my Harrison has been treated less than a house elf. I care more about his safety in the house than I do with appeasing you. Gryffindor has failed him, causing him great harm. If the board of governors does nothing, I will withdraw all the families under my protection from this school as its Headmaster is dangerous." Tom knew he had won when Albus sighed and nodded weakly. Minerva placed the hat on the child, almost immediately getting the house name.

"SLYTHERIN" The hat's voice filled the silent office. Most of the Family smiled and Severus carried his youngest son back to the common room as Bella and Tom finished the last of the discussions with the dimwitted Headmaster. Harry looked up at Severus, making some happy noises when Severus kissed his forehead.