Chapter 15: Permission

The adults try to mentally prepare themselves for whatever may greet them up the stairs. They realize that with his rough past and jumpy nature that something like this would come up sooner or later. Tom is glad that he's present for the first time a situation like this has occurred. 

The adults quickly follow Ms. Parkinson to a closet that on the very end of the hall. Even from a distance, they can hear the desperate sobs coming from behind the door. 

"We were playing hide and seek when Harrison went into the cupboard. At first, we heard laughing, then it got really quiet and before there was a big crash," Pansy starts so explain.

"He started crying and banging on the door. We can't get it open. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry," Draco continues before his own tears start up again. Instead of trying to soothe her oldest with words, Narcissa hangs back from the group and picks him up. No matter how he may protest, he will always be her baby just like Harrison. The Malfoy matriarch feels that it's important that Draco knows that their newest addition will have no impact to the love and care she's always shown him.

All the while, the men of the family work out a plan to safely extract Harrison from the cupboard before he could hurt himself. It's quickly determined that vanishing the jammed doorhandle is the best option. Once that's out of the way, Harry all but tumbles out of the small space.

"Mama, papa, daddy," he cries out, crawling on his hands and knees before reaching up. He doesn't care who picks him up as long as he's in somebody's arms in the next 3 seconds before he has a complete meltdown.

Arms are soon wrapping around his small frame as he's lifted into Ssverus's arms before being furiously cuddled by his three guardians. Harrison can do little except cry into the loving embraces as he tries to explain.

"Got... Got stuck a-and d-dark... So scary," he gasp out but is quickly met with a room full of reassurances.

"I know baby. I must have been so frightening," Narcissa coos.

"Everything is going to be alright, sweetheart," Lucius gently pats the child's back.

"It was too much for my little boy wasn't it?" Severe bounces slightly to get Harry to calm down but suddenly he lashes out, starting to scream and struggle.

"NO! NOT LITTLE! BIG! I BIG!" Harrison does everything he can to escape but quickly tires and goes limp before trying to speak again. "I...I," Harry lets a few tears slip down his ivory cheeks. "Can't be Little. Not good. Not 'llowed."

Every adult in the vicinity feels their heart shatter but Tom is first to recover. Use to taking charge of difficult situations, the Slytherin Patriarch carefully removes his youngest grandson from his children. He looks deep into those emerald green eyes and says the one thing Harry has always wanted to hear. A sentence that he wished was spoken to him a lot sooner.

"Tonight and forever you are allowed to be Little."

That's it. I am done. I have no more for this story. Please go read one of my better written works.