Chapter 12: Away from Home

The Sorting and Welcome Feast was mostly uneventful with a handful of children going into each house. Harry couldn't help but notice the slight disappointment on Blaise's face when one girl was sorted into Hufflepuff but soon became distracted by the Headmaster making one final announcement before the food is delivered.

"After much deliberation from the school board, Mr. Malfoy has been chosen to take up the Defence Against the Dark Arts position. You will all do well to respect not only him but also his family that will be frequent visitors of the castle." His statement is followed by polite clapping from three of the tables and cheers from the Slytherins.

Once the meal is over, with Harry eating roughly half his plate, the houses disperse to go to their own dormitories. Severus and Lucius make their way to the end of the table to make their own announcement before sending the new first years off with the prefects.

"You are all expected in the common room once you get settled." As the Slytherins make their way to the Dungeons Draco gently stops Harry before leading him to an inconspicuous door.

"Where we go Dray?" Harry's little speech causes Draco to smile.

"To go gather Grandpa and Aunt Bella before we meet up with the other Slytherins," he tries to make his voice sound excited so that Harrison won't freak out at seeing their housemates in his little space. Although he's already met most of them just a few days ago, Draco highly doubts that his baby brother remembers that encounter.

"Yeah! Grandpa!"

"Now all you have to do is touch the handle. The door can read your magical signature and will let you in. Ok, Harrison?"

"K, Dway," Harry lisp, his fingers had found their way into his mouth slurring his already babyish speech. His free hand barely brushes over the handle before the door swings open.

Upon entering, Bellatrix immediately swoops the small child into her arms. "I missed you so much, little one," she proclaims before he's in a new set of arms while Bella sets about greeting her other nephew.

"We do not milk our fingers, Harrison," Grandpa's calm but stern voice reproaches him as he swaps the appendages for a clean dummy.

"Sowwy. Hawwy miss aunty Bewwa oo." Harry rests his head on Tom's shoulder as he closes his eyes. It was a long trip to Hogwarts and Harry wants nothing but to fall asleep cuddles into his favorite person.

"No going to sleep just yet. We still must properly introduce you to the Slytherins." Whining slightly, Harry opens his eyes only to flinch back once he realizes what he's done.

"Sorry! M'so sorry! I know that whining isn't allowed. No whining or crying. Please don't hurt me I won't do it again." All traces of little, happy Harry vanish in the blink of an eye. All that's left is an abused child desperately trying to get away from Tom.

"No, no, no. It's alright. I'm not going to hurt you. You're alright, Little One."

"No! Not little! M'not supposed to be a Little." Harry gives up on trying to escape Tom's arms in favor of pulling at his own hair and clothing. "Let's not hurt ourselves, Harrison," he takes a seat placing the small child into his lap. "Can you take a few deep breaths for me? In... two... three, then out... two... three." Tom continues to demonstrate a few more times before Harry is able to match and slowly starts calming down. At the same time, Bellatrix takes Draco to explain the situation to Lucius and Severus.

"Can you tell me what happened? What's going on in your mind?"

"I-it just came to m-me I g-guess," Harrison shrugs while continuing his shaky breathing. "They hated when I whined," he confesses quietly not noticing his new parents enter the room with Draco close behind. "When I cried they hit me harder and when I begged I'd just be thrown back into my cupboard. I'm not supposed to be a Little, but I have to be good for my new daddy," Harry explains, slowly slipping back into head-space

"You're not bad Harry," Severus breaths out, a sad smile tugs at his lips.

You're not supposed to be nice," he fists his eyes tiredly.

"You're my perfect little Prince," he coos while picking up the child and holding him close.

"You never have to worry about Dumbledore or his lackeys ever hurting you," Lucius rakes a calming hand through Harrison's hair, smiling when he leans into the touch.

"Yeah, and all of us Slytherins will protect you from those Griffindorks--" the name makes Harry giggle-- "especially from Weasel and Granger."

"K... love all of you," he whispers the last part, truly feeling that he belongs here.

"And we love you too, munchkin. Now let us go greet the rest of the house.

I know that this is REALLY late but my computer is now fixed and I have the internet at home so updates will be a lot more frequent will all of my stories... hopefully ;)