Chapter 5: Wake Up Call

Harry's first coherent thought he had as he slowly gained consciousness was

warm

'That's weird, I'm never warm.' Snuggling deeper into the fluffy blankets his eyes snap open in panic.

NoNoNoNoNo! This isn't my cupboard. Where am I? What happened?

Looking around the unfamiliar room just as bits and pieces of the past day's events flash across the teen's mind.

Da- Snape, Lucius, and Lady Malfoy took him from his relatives and even got him re-sorted into Slytherin.

Nothing could be worst. Harry's mind ran rapid. Snape hates me and Lucius tried to kill me once, so why would they take me and why were they so nice. Probable to lure me into a false sense of security so they can destroy me later.

Just as the thought finishes Harry hears footsteps coming from down the hall. In a split second decision, the small child jumps out of bed, barely registering the lack of constant pain that comes with his level of abuse, and grab a lone rattle lying on the floor. Moving to stand by the door the plan is to get the drop on whoever is coming.

Just as the small child gets into position the door opens to reveal none other than Lord Malfoy. Before he can even take another step into the room Harry brings the rattle down as hard as he can on the back of his head before scrambling out of the room, quickly learning that he must be in Malfoy manor judging by the lavish decor and many hallways he's been running down. Taking one final right turn Harry slams right into a hard chest. Looking up his eyes connect with painfully familiar black eyes. The only odd thing is the slight smile on his face.

"And where are you off to in such a hurry?" As he reaches down to pick the lost child up Harry panics and kicks him right in the knee making him recoil enough for him to somewhat regain his footing and rush the opposite way. Hearing footsteps rushing behind him he quickly dive into a small hole next to a shiny suit of armor, crawling deep inside.

To the boy's utter embarrassment he feels tears gather in his eyes as multiple feet stop just outside my hiding place.

"...hid in there."

"...-Frightened..."

"Poor baby..."

"... hell of an arm."

Harry only catch bits of the conversation through his tears but enough to realize that Professor Snape, Lord Malfoy, and Lady Malfoy were all present as small whimpers made their way up and out of his throat.

"Harry, sweetheart," Lady Malfoy is on her knees trying to see inside the small crevice making a mental note to have it along with any other sealed the minute he came out. "Why don't you come out there. We can talk about whatever is making you upset."

Slowly she tries inching her hand close to pull the Little out, but is stopped by his loud exclamation of,

"No!"

"It's alright baby. It can't be too comfortable in there."

"'m not a baby. Not weak. Do 'way." he lisp around his fingers, not realizing they were in his mouth till now, but it's soothing so they stayed put for now.

"Harry you need to come out now and we can talk about this." Lucius has now replaced his wife in his fingertips not even half a foot away as he tries to reach in and grab the frightened boy.

"No! 'm sowwy! Go 'way! Go 'way!," tears stream down the poor boy's eyes, never having felt this scared even when Uncle Vernon was in a foul mood after he wet himself in his cupboard.