Chapter 11: Train Ride and Old Friends Made New

Everyone from an ancient and noble family knows the power and wealth that comes with the name of any of the 4 houses. Especially The Slytherin name since Salazar personally saw to only the strongest member in the family inheriting it. It is because of this wealth and power that more than a few heads turn at the arrival of Harrison's new family at King's Cross Station. Harry can only hide his face within the folds of his grandpa's robes, suddenly feeling very shy with all eyes on him.

Word of the very first resort in over a hundred years spread quickly but the fact that Lord Slytherin was the one to request it spread even quicker. By now everyone in wizarding Britain knows about this unfortunate event. Much to the Headmaster's displeasure.

"Lord Slytherin!" a voice calls from across the station just before they boarded. Turning, Thomas spots none other than Blaise Zabini running towards them clutching a young girl's hand. 

"Blaise," he greets while waving everyone but Severus off to go find and reserve them a compartment. 

"Is something wrong?" Severus sees the thinly veiled panic and worries within the child's eyes.

"This is Evangeline Dayholt," Blaise introduces the young girl. "She's a new first year and I found her wandering around the muggle side so I showed her the way. Apparently, her parents just dropped her off and left."

"Hello, Ms. Dayholt. I'm Professor Snape, the potion master at Hogwarts," Severus holds out a hand for her to shake which she does so rather nervously.

"H-hello Professor Snape. It's lovely to meet you," she talks mostly to the man's shoes.

"The pleasure is all mine."

"I just wanted to introduce her before we got on the train. Is Draco here?"

"Yes, he's already on board most likely waiting for you in your usual compartment," with that the two children turn and head for the train.

"Are you ready to board the train and head to Hogwarts, my little Prince?" Severus tickles under Harry's chin causing the younger male to let out a peal of giggles.

"'ogwarts!" he cheers gaining a few looks that the Slytherins pay no mind to.

Once boarded they quickly find the rest of the family in a compartment towards the back of the train, the unofficial Slytherin turf.

Soon the final whistle to board sounds through the station. Although the Malfoy-Snape family is unprepared for the suddenly terrified shriek Harrison lets out just before he runs out the door.

Severus could slap himself for his stupidity. "I'm such an idiot. Of course, he would be frightened of loud noises."

"You can't blame yourself. If anything it is my fault for not locking the door behind myself," Tom reassures his son.

"We shouldn't waste our time blaming ourselves," Bella interjects as she stands and heads for the door. "We need to get out there and start looking before some wandering Gryffindor finds him first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred, George, Nevil, and Luna were wandering around the train looking for an empty compartment when a little boy ran right into Luna causing the both of them to fall to the ground. The little boy bursting into tears as soon as his rear makes contact with the floor.

"Are you ok?"

"Is something hurt?"

"Where did you come from?" 

Questions come from all the children with the twins speaking at the same time. Harry only whimpers at the sight of the bigger kids all around him. At seeing his fright they all calm down and opt to sit on the floor to be closer to his level.

"We apologize for scaring you," Luna speaks first due to having the softest voice.

"Are you hurt?" Nevil takes the same soft tone. 

"'m fine," Harrison answers his old friends, not sure if they would recognize him as the twins did in Diagon Alley. "Got scared of loud noise and ran."

"The whistle can be really loud-" 

"when you're not expecting it," the twins supply.

" My name is Luna Lovegood. Do you wanna come to sit with us? We were just looking for a compartment if you wanna help." Harry only shrugs, excepting the help offered by the airy Ravenclaw.

"I'm Nevil Longbottom," he holds out his hand for the boy to shake which he does tentatively. "Those are the twins."

"Fred-"

"- and George."

"What's your name?"

"Harrison Severus Malfoy-Prince, heir to Malfoy, Prince, Snape, Black, and Slytherin," Harry mimics what he heard his grandpa said yesterday.

"You're the Slytherin heir," realization dawns on Luna's face. "My father was telling me about you. Your grandpa is the head of our house and a ton of other old families. That kind of makes us cousins now." Her bright smile makes Harrison crack one as well.

"Now let's go find a compartment before were left in the hallway for the whole ride."

Walking back towards the way Harry was running from they check a few compartments only for a group of children to occupy each one of them.

"Hey this one is unlocked," Nevil calls them all over as he opens the door only to be met with three horrid sneers.

"What are the rejects doing back here?" Ron Weasley mocks nastily.

"They probably were kicked out of the Ravenclaw section for being too stupid," his younger sister replies to the rhetorical question.

"We were just looking for a place to sit," Nevil tries to defuse the situation.

"Well, there isn't any room for you here, but have you seen Harry? He hasn't shown up and Dumbledore wants to see him as soon as we arrive."

"We haven't seen--"

"Harry Potter anywhere near--"

"the train station."

"We're sorry for bothering you," Luna calls as she closes the door before they could say anything else. "Don't mind them, Harrison. They're nothing but bullies like the rest of their house."

"I should've been sorted into Hufflepuff," Nevil looks at the ground dejectedly.

"I'm sorry, Nevil. I didn't mean-"

"It's fine. You're right. They call me the cowardly lion when there aren't any teachers around. Everyone is afraid of Professor Snape but no one seems like I'm the coward for admitting to it."

"'fessor Snape not scarwy."

"Have you met the man? He's--" Nevil doesn't finish his sentence because they all turn at the sound of Harrison's name being called.

"Harrison! There you are," none other than Draco Malfoy jogs up to the group. "Mother and father are looking everywhere for you. They all thought you went the other way or might've gotten off the train somehow."

"'m fine. Found friends," the blonde looks around, finally noticing the others. 

"Hello," he greets stiffly, not trusting them and getting similar responses.

"Let's go, Harrison, we'll be there soon and you still need to change into your school robes." Not bothering to ask the younger's opinion Draco takes his hand and starts leading him away.

"See you around Harrison."

"Bye, Harrison."

"We'll see you later, Harry," the twins wink.

"Bye bye guys."