Ralph x reader

The damaged gardening android stood before you. In all his messed up glory you couldn't help but pull him into a tight embrace. He had come back, months after he went missing, months after the revolution, you thought he had died but here he was wires and all.

His damaged face turned, slightly embarrassed, he sunk his head into the crook of your neck holding back sobs not programmed into his model. It took a while but he gripped you tight and lifted you in a twirl.

You couldn't hold it back anymore you sobbed into his chest listening to the whirr of his systems as you did.

He may have been an Android but he was very much alive. And you knew. You knew that before he went missing, and before the revolution and he was glad you accepted him.

You could see how gentle he was with everything. The animals, the plants.. and you. He was always there even though you weren't part of his tasks he'd make sure you had everything you needed.

And so of course you would accept him. You sucked in a breath and moved back to get a good look at his damaged face.

He turned his head once more pulling away from your gentle touch, your eyebrows furrowed into a scowl.

"Ralph, do you know who did this to you?" His lips tightened trying to hold back his speech.

"[name]...." you gave him your full attention you hadn't heard him speak in so long it was so nice.

"Ralph...isn't the same as before, Ralph is damaged and different, Ralph is not all that safe.."

Your gazed softened at his gentle tone. Even if he didn't think so you could see it still, he was still himself.

"Oh hon that's alright, all that matters is you're back and I've missed you so much," you sniffled about to let another wave of tears flow.

"You-" your voice cracked at the brink of breaking down again "I thought you died..I thought-"

Ralph pulled you back into him once more and you let everything out this time holding onto his shirt like you were going to lose him again. You didn't even care that he smelled of dust and dirt, or that you were soaking his shirt with your mucus and tears, you held him; and you held him tight.

He held you even tighter in a reassuring manner. Not only reassuring you but himself, he never wanted to see you break down like this again, not because it was a gross sight but because it pained him to see you so distraught and desperate. He never wanted you to feel such ways again, you didn't deserve that. You were so good to him, so kind. Not only him but every other person you've encountered and he knew his disappearance must've hit you hard.

He gently patted your head. Trying to get back into the swing of things he spoke,

"Ralph's not going anywhere anymore, Ralph will always stay by your side,"

and the two of you stood there holding on afraid to let go, even w/ the reassurance.

525
Y'all I'm so sorry my shits disorganized I'll find time to do it I swear anyway I uhm
I love all of you I'm sorry this wasn't an au lmao if I did an au it would've been long
I wanted something short so I could post quickly