Lullaby 20

Its been days and Jackson have gotten many letters. All the others couldn't find who it was, as they were very busy, and they don't have a dozen eyes to keep an eye out. The problem have became mutual as it was nothing harmful. 

It remained to be creepy, but Jackson couldn't find the source and he just threw them away as they were trash. 

Which was true. The letters didn't have any effect on him, anymore. It was unnecessary to keep them. 

Surely, there were cameras, but none of the customers stood out like that one person on the first day. It was quiet in the cafe. With an exception of the letters, it was silent. Everything looked normal. The camera have showed everyone, customers leaving and arriving, but Shownu didn't find anything out of the ordinary. It was typical people on their phones for the free wifi, writing for work, or even on their laptops for work. 

Nothing was happening. 

Thus, Jackson just threw out the various of letters, not bothered. But, he remained walking around the cafe, giving out drinks and collecting empty dishes. He have noticed the pattern within the letters. 

The person seemed busy or clever. He isn't so sure, as the person doesn't seem all that suspicious but seeming like a hopeless romantic. The pattern of the letters were all at different times, sometimes at the beginning of opening, middle, or even towards the end of closing. However, the letters remained frequent. 

Jackson have told Jaebum about the letters, and he remembered the anger flaring from his boyfriend's eyes as his protective instincts took over. Jaebum nearly joined the cafe as a job to keep an eye on Jackson. 

But, Jackson have assured him that nothing was happening but harmless letters. 

The disturbance within them never disappeared, but they were thrown away like garbage. They were meaningless. 

Jaebum seemed a little on edge nevertheless, as he called Jinyoung, Shownu, Wonho, Changkyun - Oh, technically everyone that worked at the cafe about the problem. Telling them to take care of Jackson as he couldn't physically do so. Jackson was annoyed by it as Jaebum was far too overprotective and told him to calm down. 

Changkyun admitted he gotten 8 missed calls from Jaebum at work. He wasn't too fond of the news, as he seriously think Jaebum is seriously wasting his own time of making music to call him because of his boyfriend. Calling him every 10 minutes is super unhealthy, and Changkyun have snapped on the 9th call where he actually picked up. Even confessing to Jackson about Jaebum's deal, and Jackson had to apologize for Jaebum's part, promising he will speak to his boyfriend. 

Of course, they needed the talk. Changkyun was beyond annoyed with the various of calls every 10 minutes, and it wasn't helping his time of being 'alone'. On break, he has to deny Jaebum's incoming calls for the whole break. Jooheon have also spoken about the matter, feeling betrayed as he thinks it was his boyfriend, Minhyuk. 

But, no, it was Jackson's overprotective boyfriend. 

As Jooheon jokingly put it, he says "I have trust issues with my phone because of Jaebum." 

Laughter erupted during that conversation that day, but Jackson didn't laugh or chuckle, as he seriously thinks that Jaebum was stressing himself out and even the others. 

When Jackson have arrived home, Jaebum was up, waiting for him like the past few days. He was seriously on edge. Jackson greeted him with a kiss whatsoever, but he didn't smile as he wanted to speak about a serious topic. Jaebum noticed his lover's seriousness, and his smile have faded. 

"What's wrong? Did something happen at work?" Jaebum asked, concern. Jackson sighs, tired from work. "Well, to start off, I am fine at work. But, the others aren't," Jackson replies with and Jaebum furrowed his brows in confusion. "What?" he wasn't getting the hint, and his brain doesn't seem to process due to exhaustion from his work, also.