Chapter 4: A Home to the Jester

Painting above by me as always. Due to your wonderful comments about my wanky watercolor painting, yall encouraged me to draw more scenery for this story. (Although I usually draw digitally for fanfics - but I'll try something new)

__________________________

"Hey... You're there?"

After many lonesome years within the light-forgotten depth of the castle, an empty hall desolated from any belief has finally heard the voice of two people chatting. You sat there, on a dusty ground of this murky dungeon, the only thing facing you were the profuse stairs leading into the elevator. The gloom of the dazed stairways crept into you like a sleepy lullaby. But you weren't alone - it seems for the past hours you've gained a friend who accompanied your mental-state and wanky conversations. The catch? He was locked away in some sort of a prison.

"There, there and nowhere!"

You nodded, although you two couldn't see each other. This fella was certainly a character - his giggly attitude and way of speech unquestionably brought sheer interest to you, but it also made you feel in a quandary. You sat, your head slumped into your hands - "I was wondering... why are you locked in there?"

"A story long dead and forgotten - I just wanted to play a game, a game! But the boring kings found such fun to be a trouble. As a punishment, they craved to imprison my body! But I'm fast, fast! Clever, clever! They lost the chase, and locked up their entire race, building a prison around the whole world!"

"Their entire race? P-please elaborate."

"Yes, didn't you hear? By the hand of the Knight, The wretched King imprisoned the rest of the rulers, thinking he's owning the whole power to himself... That 'spade-face' is rotten through and through! Little do these sillies know that they've locked themselves up. Now I'm the only one Free, Free! No cell or prison can hold me down."

"Interesting. Truly interesting..." - Jevil's words stuck in your head. His oddities weren't just a result of loneliness, but because he believed he was the only one who knew the taste of freedom, despite him being locked there for... who knows how long. Though you felt there was something else to his words "And why do you think so?"

"It's a game, my lady, a game!"

"Does it feel safe?" - You heard the clown release a hum questioningly; his humorous voice relaxed more than ever. "I mean, do you feel comfortable alone as if you're at home... away from trouble from everyone else?"

A moment of silence passed by before Jevil answered in a low voice - "It is an amenity in its optimum, but it brings you chaotic loneliness to tear you apart."

"Heh... can't argue with you, sir. I got so costumed to my own loneliness back in..." - you gulped "...back in my world."

"And yet here you are! Away, away from home. You've jumped from another realm and still, you've masterfully sneaked past any trouble. Say, say, how does it feel being hurled into a world of not your own."

You hugged your knees closer to yourself in comfort, recalling a past memory "It's nothing new to me."

Your words rock Jevil's mind, leaving it to move in foreign ways, ways he has become unaccustomed to these many years. You were like an echo, but one with the power to tear down walls that are built high to imprison him. Your words were truly colorful - "How sneaky you are, my Lightner."

The two of you would have tête-à-tête about seemingly nothing yet everything, the old walls being your only audience. But there was something toggling Jevil's mind - he still couldn't quite get a picture of you. Your physical characteristics were unknown to him due to the darkness of his cell and the wall separating you, but that didn't stop him from craving to know your body.