Chapter 15: No Culture [warning: lime]

[warning: light smut/lime]

The aftertaste of the kiss was, rather, peculiar.

With each kiss provided by Jevil, the guilty sensation of being perplexed by confusion and bitterness left you unease. You didn't know what to say to the Jester, or let alone to yourself.

Subsequent to the "interaction" that occurred between you and him on the rooftop, you hoped it was a selfish joke from Jevil or, perhaps, a byproduct of his confusion.

Though how mistaken you currently are could lead to dangerous reactions. Jevil wasn't joking, and by the Gods wasn't it a prank he'd pull to laugh off. He was deadpan serious, evident by the looming glare of his pitch-black orbs.

"W-why," Jevil's eyes would tremble for a moment, not knowing if he'd meet your sweet voice or harsh rejection "Why aren't you responding? May I receive an answer, a mere answer?"

But you'd step back from his embrace, trying to recollect your priorities, before running away.

Days would go by, like shattered glass, moments passed and you'd go silent. On moments where you knew the ghosted clown should meet you, you both would go silent, muting any words exchanged between each other. And on worse occasions, you'd avoid Jevil by locking yourself in your bathroom at night.

Evidently, Jevil was becoming vehement and keen on receiving a word from you. One night, when he saw you locking yourself in the bathroom, he stayed close by, knocking: "(Y/n)."

You'd say nothing from the other side

"(Y/n), heed me, I'm still here." - He'd press his hands against the surface of the door. "Why won't you let me hear from you? Is it surely that laborious?"

His unyielding passion began stewing a boiling rage of impatience and uncertainty. He might have regretted acting so bold, or yet alone touch your lips so unholy, but he knew it was coming. He hid his pain and love for too long, it throbbed an ache in his chest.

With a shaking fist and cued memories, the Jester leashed a punch at the door separating you from him:

"Dear, you wouldn't use me as an old apparel when I should be your crown, would you?" - with a twisted grin and a broken voice, Jevil pressed the side of his head to the door trying to hear anything from you. "Or... would you rather choose that broken crown of the King instead of me?"

You, on the other side of the bathroom door, just sat - head hung low. Aghast.

Recalling the moment of the gentle kiss was both shuddering yet congenial for you. Perhaps it was your sense of regret, hauling you into a pit of shame, knowing you let yourself so open for him to get close to you. Yet you couldn't deny the gentle prosperity that Jevil showered you with the moment he landed his lips onto you - it's not as if he was gentle for the sake of it, but because he was scared.

Scared of you.

_______________________________

The familiar gentle snow of Snowdin coated your surroundings, begging you to yearn for warmth and a nice hot meal at Grillby's. Despite the tiresome day, you and a certain short skeleton enjoyed the calm walk in this desolated cold road.

You could still remember his usual grin - "Heh, you and doc seem to be head over heels with each other."

But you only bashfully responded with - "Perhaps so."