Chapter One

QWYNN POV

"I'm sorry ma'am but if u can't afford to pay the bills by next Wednesday I'm afraid we'll have to put your child out," Ms. Rozan said harshly.

"But ma'am can-" I didn't get to finish because she said "I'm sorry Ms. Akintola but you have to leave now because I have a meeting in a minute. Thanks for coming today," she said as she opened the door for me.

I humbly left. I met my daughter outside the office. "Hey mommy! Why do you look so sad?" she said.

 "Hey mommy! Why do you look so sad?" she said

"I'm not sad baby. Let's go," I said as happily as I could.

"Can we go for ice-cream?" She asked.

I seriously have no money. "No baby, I forgot my purse," I lie to her.

"Oh man!" her cute little face say.

"Maybe later baby. Now let's go. I don't wanna keep your daddy waiting," I say.

We finally arrived home and Jahmal was already standing outside waiting.

"What the fuck took you so long?!" he yelled.

"Daddy!" Lyryc yelled as she rushed to Jahmal.

"Hey kiddo!" He yelled as he lift her up.

He gave me the stink face and walked into the house with Lyryc in his arms.

I grab our bags and walk in too.

He was now watching Peppa Pig with her  but we needed to talk. "Jahmal, can we talk?" I ask.

He bit his bottom lip and said "No problem," with a grin on his face. "Not like that Jahmal. Just a normal talk, please?" I beg.

He mumbled something under his breath and say "Fine whatever! Let's go to our room."

When we reached inside the room I bolted the lock and exhale before saying "I need money to-"

"The fuck you need money for?" he cut me off.

"To pay Lyryc's school fee," I say scared of what he might say next. He never really payed much of Lyryc's bill and this was the first I asked him about her school fee. He was always selfish with his money, no matter how much he had. Jahmal is a drug lord who has A LOT of money but can't even by his kid a flip-flop.