Chapter 6

EKON POV

"I'll pick her up today," I told my baby momma.

"Whatever," she said as she ended the call.

It's been  days since I've spoken to Qwynn and I just couldn't stop thinking about her. I texted her but she kept leaving me on read or delivered.

I decided to go visit her after I picked my daughter up, because she being away from me so long is killing me.

QWYNN  POV

Jahmal has been acting really nice to me for the last 3 days and it's scary asf. The worst part is he proposed and I said yes. He even apologized for all the times he did me wrong and I forgave him. You're probably saying I'm stupid but Jahmal was my first love and majority of my first steps. We have a daughter together and she needs both parents living in harmony under one roof. 

It was Saturday and Jahmal was at work while Lyryc was sleeping. I decided to play some music and do some cleaning. Jahmal also promised to take me shopping when he came back. 

I was done cleaning in an hour and was about to go take a shower when I saw an all too familiar car pull up in my yard. It was Ekon-the person I've been avoiding for the past  days. I just couldn't stop thinking about him. Even when Jahmal and I were having sex he was on my mind.

I heard the doorbell ring and went to answer it. 

"What do you want?" I ask. Jahmal had told me if he saw me around Ekon again that he would kill him.

"Good morning to you too. Damn!" he said.

"What?" I ask.

"You look even more beautiful than when I last saw you. Imma be straight up with you Qwynn. I've missed you and I just couldn't stop thinking about you. Wait, is that an engagement ring?" he asked as he grabbed my wrist and brought it closer to his face. Even his touch was amazing.

"Yes. Jahmal proposed and I said yes," I assured him pulling my hand away.

"Qwynn, be honest with me. Is this what you really want? You really want to devote your life to this abusive man? We both know that sooner or later you're gonna make a simple mistake and it's gonna trigger his abusiveness and he'll abuse you, again. You ever heard the saying 'the choices you make today determine your tomorrow'? Well, think about that now Qwynn. Anyways, I leave you and your fiance just think about what I said. Bye love," he said as he kissed me on the forehead before leaving.

The entire day I couldn't stop thinking about what he said and it was driving me crazy. What if what he said was true? 

Jahmal texted me and told me to meet him at his crib with my babygirl to go shopping so we both got dressed and left.  

When I arrived at the trap house I immediately saw Leo and Drake, 2 of Jahmal's homeboys

Lyryc was always fond of them "Uncle Drake and Uncle Leo!" she yelled as she went to hug them. Drake lifted her up and in the air and she started to giggle, "Wazzup L?" Leo said. Those too really loved Lyryc they will literally kill for her. 

Leo

Leo

Drake

Drake

"Hey sis," they both said as they hugged me.

"Hey guys! Where's Jahmal?" I ask.

"In his office. You can go see him but Leo and I are going out back with L," Drake demanded. 

I walked to Jahamal's office and on my way everyone greeted me except for the females who always hated me for no reason.

As soon as I reached at Jahmal's door I heard moaning. At first I thought I was hallucinating but then I opened the door and saw Jahmal fuckin some unknown bitch on his table. I couldn't hold back my tears so they just ran down my face. 

"I thought I told you knock before you enter!" Jahmal said.

"So this is what you've been doing huh Jahmal?" I asked as I tried to control the tears coming out my eyes.

"Babe, it's not what you think," the bastard lie.

"Do I look stupid Jahmal? You know what if you love that bitch so much you can marry her because I'm done," I said as I took my ring off and threw at him. 

I immediately found Drake and Leo and took my kid with me and left. Since I didn't want to burden Shay with more of my problems I called Ekon and in less than 20 minutes he was there.