Chap. 5

QWYNN POV

Mr.Giddion-the police officer has been questioning us for the past hours non-stop. He was starting to get annoying but Ekon on the other hand was quite patient and relaxed.

"Mr.Giddion, may I speak with you in private?" Ekon stood up and say surprising me.

"Whatever you have to say to me you can say it here," he said.

"I rather not. So is that a yes or a no? Because I might have some very useful information."

The man walked out with Ekon, leaving me alone.

EKON POV

"What is it you wanna talk about? Your wasting my time," the officer said.

"Have you ever heard of the Cargill-MacMillan family?" I ask.

"You mean the 4th richest people in the states? Yah! Who hasn't?" 

"Did you know that I'm one of them?" I say.

  He burst out laughing and after about a minute he stopped. "You? A Cargil? Men, you made my day," he laughed continuously. 

"Daddy and Uncle Luke were always good friends or should I say Mr.Robbinson, your boss. I wonder what he'll do if he knew you were holding his son and his friend captive. Hmmmm, I think I might call him right now," I say taking out my phone.

"Sir, please don't do that. I have a family to take care of. I'll let you and your friend go," he started pleaded.

"That's what I was hoping for, thank you," I say.

He was about to open the door but I said "One more thing, no one must know about this."

He nod and set us free.

"How the hell did you get us free?" Qwynn asked as we walked out.

"A few skills I learned growing up," I say.

"I'm serious. How did you get us free?" she ask.                                                                                                     

I exhale and say "My dad knew the owner," I say.

"Okay. I texted my bestfriend to come and pick us because I gotta pick up ma kid," she says.

"Can she give me a ride too because I need to get my car," I ask.

"Yah sure."

QWYNN POV

Ekon was so secretive. Whenever I asked personal questions he always sighed or think before answering. There was something strange about him but I couldn't figure out what.

"So...Ekon. Where are you from?" Shay ask as we drive.

Once again, he thought about his answer before saying "LA."

On the entire drive to Shay's house she questioned him.

When we reached her house I saw Lyryc run out "Mommy!" 

"Baby!" I lift her up. It literally felt like I haven't seen her in a year. Her hair looked weird but cute and I knew it was Shay who had done it. She's always doing new things in her hair because her daughter hair isn't long enough and she can't do those styles in Chrys's hair.

 She's always doing new things in her hair because her daughter hair isn't long enough and she can't do those styles in Chrys's hair