Chapter 4

EKON'S POV

I haven't slept so well last night. Qwynn kept screaming because of her nightmares. I doubt she even knows she gets nightmares. She kept screaming "Jahmal please!" I have no idea who Jahmal is but he's apart of her nightmares.

I looked at my clock and it was 10:00 am. I had to look at the picture I sneaked and took last night of Qwynn.

 I had to look at the picture I sneaked and took last night of Qwynn

She has no idea how precious and beautiful she is. As I'm walking to the bathroom I walk pass her room and she's completely gone. I had left her check though. She even washed my clothes and folded them. She also made me breakfast which was hella delicious. But I miss her already. I decide to get ready to meet ma nigga from way back.

QWYNN POV

"Your kid plus my kid equal disaster. Them kids gave me hell last night. When I raised my voice at your daughter Chrys turned against me. Then they both turned on me. You should have seen their faces," Shay said laughing.

I had to laugh too.

"So, where were you?" she say asking the question I know she wanted to long time ago.

I wasn't the type to lie to my friends so I told her the truth. "Bish he likes you!" she yelled.

"No he doesn't. We just met last night dummy."

"Love has no specific time girl."she says.

"Whatever."

"Girl, check my gallery. Last night I decided to try something new on Lyryc," she says.

I knew everything about Shay and so did she. We knew the password of each others facebook, phone, bank account etc.

I open her phone and checked the pic out.

"It's pretty but who told you you could wrap my baby girl's hair?" I say laughing

"Girl, don't start with me.  I remember the time Chyrs slept by you and you cornrowed his hair and had him looking stupid asf. I still got the pic in my phone tho," she said laughing.

 I still got the pic in my phone tho," she said laughing

"He was looking so cute."

Finally, we reached home but thanks to God, Jahmal wasn't  there.

I had the entire house to myself for maybe an hour so I cleaned the entire house and myself too. I was about to put on some music from Polo G but then Jahmal came home and killed my mood.

"Hey baby," he said as he pecked my lips. I'm officially freaking out but I play it cool because this is a once in a while thing.

 I'm officially freaking out but I play it cool because this is a once in a while thing

"Hey baby daddy," I say kissing him back.

"I got a friend outside I want you to meet. We going out so go get dressed ma," he said.

I didn't feel like arguing so I did as ordered.

I always had a hard time finding what to wear so I just put on the first thing I found that wasn't too exposing. I had wear it the 5th time Jahmal took me out, before he was so abusive. I still have the picture he took.

I threw on a pretty slipper and made my way to the living room

I threw on a pretty slipper and made my way to the living room. There were two males in the living room by then. Timmy-one of Jahmal's homies and an unknown person who looked familiar from the back. I greeted Timmy by shaking his hand and he bit his bottom lip. Timmy sexually harassed me once and when I told Jahmal he accused me of lying. 

When the mysterious guy turned around my heart skipped a few beats.

"Baby, I want you to meet my childhood friend-Ekon. Ekon this is ma girl, Qwynn," Jahmal say.

"Qwynn," he said.

"You guys met?" Jahmal ask.

Ekon opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off and say "Ugh..Yeah! He's a friend of Shay," I lie.

I don't know why but thank God, Ekon played along "Last night Shay introduced me to her. No big deal."

"Oh that's cool. Yall ready?" Jahmal said to my surprise.

"Where we going?" I ask.

"To give Ekon a tour of this place," Timmy said.

I didn't wanna go but I wasn't about to argue with Jahmal.

...

We were driving for  2 hours and Ekon and I was sitting together in the backseat. The air felt awfully thick. Jahmal and Timmy saw some boys walk into a store and immediately got out with their guns leaving me and Ekon ALONE. 

"Are you a drug dealer?" I ask without thinking.

He laughed his perfect laugh and say "No ma'am. Drugs aren't exactly my style. I know a lot of drug dealers but I'll pass on drugs. So, you and Jahmal are in a relationship huh?" 

"Yup!" I say.

"That explains your bruises. How did you guys meet?" He ask.

"When I was in high-school in the 8th grade I met him," I say.

"It's obvious he's abusing you so why don't you leave now?"  He asks.

"I'm afraid of Jahmal and you should too. The 2 times I tried leaving him he ended up breaking at least 3 of my bones. And plus, if I manage to leave where would I stay?" I spoke.

"First of all I aint afraid of Jahmal and second you can stay in my house. As in the one from last night. I'll move out and you and Lyryc could live there. That's private property so Jahmal won't be able to trespass without getting a fine. How long have you and Jahmal been together?" 

"11 years," I say.

"Shit! you've been in an abusive relationship for 11 years?" he said surprised.

"9 actually. He started abusing me 2 years after we got together. I'm sorry Ek-"

"We gotta go ma nigga! The cops will be here soon," Timmy said as he and Jahmal rushed in the car. 

Jahmal turned the key in the ignition before we sped off. 

But we were in no luck today because the police cornered us and we were arrested. 

Shit Jahmal!