Dinner

"Thanks for taking us to Olive Garden, dad." Jack shoveled breadsticks into his mouth.
"Gracias." Ralph added, also shoving breadsticks.
"No problem fellas."
The food hadn't arrived yet unfortunately.
"So, you two, I've enrolled you into a high school. Starting tomorrow. Good luck.
Ralph choked on his broccoli and looked across the table at Jack. His eyes said it all.
"Hey, dad? Thanks for sharing. Uh, can- can Ralph and I take a walk while we wait for the food?"
His dad allowed them to go.

Ralph sighed. "We've been here for less than 24 fucking hours and already we have to go to a whole new high school."
"I know, bro. I'm as pissed off as you. But... maybe this is a good opportunity." Jack shrugged, walking down with Ralph.
"I know, I know, it's just- so so scary. Everything is just changing... way too quickly." His voice cracked a little at the end.
Jack took his hand, stopping him. "Ralph."
He looked up. "Jack." Tears stung Ralph's eyes.
"Bro."
"...Bro."
"I mean it when I say that I'll be there for you. And I'm so so sorry that you feel this way. But I really, really care about you. Genuinely."
Ralph looked up. "Really?"
Jack smiled. "Really. I- I love you, Ralph. So so much. I love every little thing about you and I regret the fact that I hurt you so much recently. But I plan to change that."
"I-I love you too."
Ralph's brown eyes met Jack's soft blue eyes.
"Ralph, I- you'll never understand how much that means to me. How much... How much you mean to me. And how much I will always care about you, and how.." Jack began to tear up too, and Ralph was already crying. Jack rested his hand on Ralph's cheek, brushing away the tears just like earlier that day.
"..How much I just want you to be happy."
"Jack..."
"I- I'm sorry if it's weird for you to hear this now, since I literally tried to kill you this morning, but- I do love you."
"Jack-"
"And Ralph, I promise, every step of the way, when you need a shoulder to cry on, when you need a good hug to bring you home, or when you just need someone to talk to. I will be here. And I hope you will too."
"Jack-"
"I love you so so much. More than anyone can ever comprehe-"
"Jack."
Jack opened his eyes after realizing they were shut tight.
"Yes?"
"Bro...Kiss me."
Jack didn't hesitate. He crashed his lips against Ralph's, snaking his arms around the younger boy's waist. Ralph kissed back, smiling and resting his arms on the taller boy's chest.
It felt like a million fireworks exploding in Ralph's chest. All his insecurities and worries faded away in a magical kiss from this boy. He was in love, and he was sure of it.
Ralph's soft lips against Jack's felt like heaven. Jack just wanted to kiss him for eternity, let him know how true their love is, and to let Ralph know how sorry he is.
Their lips moved in sync, the streetlight lamp illuminating their love and causing sparks to explode all over both of the boy's skin.
Finally, Jack pulled away, resting his forehead with Ralph's. Both of them were silent for a while, their souls at peace together.
"...Wow." Ralph finally broke the silence, causing Jack to laugh lightheartedly.
"Wow indeed, bro."
"Bro, I love you..."
"Full homo, bro..."