CH.15

Shattered

•Chapter Fifteen•

Percy walked around Camp Half-Blood with no plan in mind, he was puzzled about the Katie and Clarisse situation. Clarisse wasn't on the best of terms when Percy and Clarisse met, but Percy thought that they were good now, turns out that wasn't the case, the most puzzling one was Katie, he hasn't even stepped foot near the Demeter Cabin, and yet, she blamed him for the catastrophe that happened there.

He shook his head trying to get rid of those thoughts, it was really messing with his brain, everything was falling apart, this morning he saw a few campers sending glares towards him, he hasn't even done anything wrong to them, yet they sent death glares at the son of Poseidon like there was no tomorrow. Percy walked to the dinning pavilion to eat, it was about noon so he was getting quite hungry, he sat down at the Poseidon Table and ate silently.

James was nowhere to be seen, Percy would sometimes glance at either Clarisse or Katie. Every time he sent a glance towards Katie, the daughter of Demeter would ignore him and face the other way, whenever he glanced towards Clarisse she would send a middle finger towards his direction. Percy ate in silence his eyes fixed on his food, he had a weird feeling in his stomach, there was something off about the events that happened, but it still happened and there is nothing he could do about it.

Percy finished his meal grabbing the plate and burning the scraps of his meal to the gods. He exited the dining pavilion and went to the Arena, he wasn't there for sparring, or training, he was there to visit a specific someone. Percy entered the Arena gates looking around the arena, his eyes locked onto a tank sized animal nestled at the corner of the arena. The hellhound sleeped peacefully a few dog saliva dripping from her mouth.

Mrs O Leary woke up her eyes darting around the room, it landed on Percy the hellhounds eyes lit up and approached its master in a run, the tank sized hellhound crushed the demigod beneath her, she licked Percy in the face, Percy chuckled as dog saliva engulfed him all over his body.

"Come on girl. You know this leaves a foul stench!" Percy whined, wiping the dog saliva with a chuckle, the hellhound barked and jumped around erratically at the sight of Percy.

"Let's go girl, you want to go play?" Percy asked, Mrs O Leary barked in agreement jumping around in excitement.

"Fine let's go." Percy said leaving the Arena as the friendly hellhound followed its master. Percy lead Mrs O Leary to a clearing.

"So, what do you want to play?" Percy asked looking at the tank sized hellhound. The hellhound sat down her face tilting to the side, Percy sighed grabbing a stick, the hellhound perked up her tounge sticking out, her tail was raised as she looked at the stick with an excited face, well as excited as it can be since she was a hellhound.

Percy threw the stick as far as he can, the hellhound darted for the stick going into the forest. Percy chuckled as he sat on the nearby rock waiting for Mrs o Leary, the hellhound came back holding a stick in her mouth with a victorious face, Percy chuckled as he looked at the hellhound and idea popping up in his head.

"You know what, why don't you wander for a while, go visit the underworld if you like, chat with Cerberus if you feel like it, just return when the sun sets." Percy commanded, somehow the hellhound understood, Mrs O Leary licked Percy one last time and dissapeared into the shadows, Percy chuckled and went back to Camp Half-Blood, he needed to wash himself of the stench that plaugued his shirt.

Percy walked to the lake and washed his shirt, the demigod cannon balled to the lake making a large splash in the process. Percy used his water powers to high powered wash his clothes, it was now as clean, and stench free as before, and he didn't even need soap, which was a benefit for him and the fishes. Percy stepped out of the lake and walked to Thalia's Pine Tree, he was assigned sentry duty for today by Chiron, actually before that Percy wanted to visit Chiron, he wanted to talk about this situation that was going on with Clarisse.