CH.17

The Past

•Chapter Seventeen•

(A Few Months Later)

Percy tossed and turned his body turning suddenly active in the light of the midnight moon. His small cabin that could barely fit anything was now filled with furniture, a small couch was stationed near a small fireplace. The couch was made out of hellhound fur giving it more of a comfty and durable feeling, Percy also sat on a bed made of the same materials for the couch. The demigod wasn't faring too good, he tossed and turned in the bed often letting loose screams of agony.

Percy woke up in a start his breathing going haywire, his forehead beaded with sweat. Percy was hyperventilating, the demigod had another nightmare of what Annabeth had did to him, of what the camp did to him. Percy swallowed a lump in his throat and got out of bed, he sat on the couch the fireplace casting light on the room, the demigods mind was swirling with thoughts. It has been like this for the past two months.

Percy was going haywire from not being able to sleep properly, in fact, the demigod would be afraid to sleep. Every time he felt himself doze off, he would get painful memories of Annabeth, if not, it was about the white haired boy again, each time making him go mad and mad, his sanity was plummeting. Percy almost couldn't take it anymore, he felt like he was at the very edge of insanity, he felt like he was being tortured night after night with memories that plagued him to no end. Percy shook his head and closed his eyes desperate to  find some sleep, from all of his exhaustion he finally drifted of to sleep.

---------------------------------

Percy awoke with a headache, whenever he would wake up normally, he would always get a migraine, it was really annoying. Though it was far better than having nightmares, the demigod could not get any good sleeps these past few months, and it was driving the son of Poseidon mad. Percy got out of the couch stretching his sore limbs, Percy looked at the fireplace the fire already extinguished leaving piles of burnt wood and ashes in its wake, sunlight filled the room giving off small rays of energy.

Percy yawned his body lacking oinoxygen and in sleep, bags were visible underneath his eyes, his actual eyeballs had red veins popping in them, he felt like a strong sense of déjà vu from all the things that were happening, but this never happened before, he never felt so broken and shattered, the demigod felt like he didn't have the will to live anymore. Percy shook the suicidal thoughts away and went out of his small cabin, the gods have yet to bother Percy for the past few months which he was thankful of.

But Percy didn't know why they stopped bothering him, it's just like something clicked all of a sudden, like they managed to stop with all their stalking and managed to keep their hands in their pockets and stop butting in on other people's business. Percy yawned again stretching his limbs as rays of the sun began to shine it's energy onto him giving the demigod a nice glow. Percy felt like he spent an all nighter for a month straight, which was most likely true.

Percy grabbed Ocean's Wrath and went on the scavenge for food, he managed to avoid any other contact with humans, well not really. Percy would sometimes dip into New York City and buy a few goodies from the stores he would pass by, the Son of Poseidon was really careful about the demigods that lurked there. Percy had too many close encounters with demigods here and there, Clarisse, Leo, Jason, the lot of them, but he was thankful that he didn't see her.

Percy went to a sprint going to a nearby bush and went to a crouch until he was fully hidden, the demigod's sword Ocean's wrath began to glow a faint blue, streaks of blue began to appear onto the blade casting magnificent Rays onto the otherwise boring environment. Power leaked from the ancient sword as Percy went to a crouch, the demigod son of Poseidon waited for minutes until a deer passed by. The deer looked around in caution before quietly feeding on the grass.