Chapter: 1 [] Before the deal was struck

(Can't find much stories on this so I'll create my own to satisfy my own needs of storytelling.)

Spooky high school was home to many monsters, hipster vampires, genocidal fish, stupid werewolves, and especially a certain demon prince who wanted nothing but arson to those who got and didn't get in his way. But there was one monster that was very different from the rest— you could say an 'embodiment of fear' if you will, because that is what they truly were.

Oz was never paid much mind though, they always kept to themselves and it always worked out for them. They were the mysterious type to some people who actually took interest, nobody knew their age, where they came from, not even their last name. Nobody has seen them eat anything, they were rarely seen in the halls or anywhere that wasn't in class or in the library.

But the truth was is that nobody cared enough to find these things out, all except three curious monsters who ended up becoming great friends with Oz. The three don't know the full story with Oz, they just know that Oz can't actually eat food or get drunk, or drink anything period. The three also know that Oz speaks using telepathy since they don't appear to have a mouth at all. They know Oz had their fair share of chaos and shenanigans— especially since they all shared the chaos and shenanigans together, and they accepted Oz for who they were, even though they didn't know who Oz truly was.  And Oz accepted them.

These friends were Vicky Schmidt, a 22 year old Frankenstein who's cheerfulness and fun personality was unrivalled like any other. Then there's Amira Rashid, a 20 year old Djinn with a flamboyant and charming personality that could draw you in without realizing it. Then there was Oz's best friend Brian, apparently he didn't have a last name either so it helped having this in common with Oz. He guessed he was 23 years old but he wasn't sure. Brain was very stoic but unlike Oz, Brian is actively involved with conversations, and more rebellious in nature.

Earlier in the school year the four friends decided to split bills and move in together to help each other cut the costs, luckily the apartment was a short bus stop away to the actual school.  All was well, all was ordinary— well, as ordinary as it can be for monsters.

It was like any other day at Spooky high school, monsters boycotting classes daily, arson, monsters partying and ripping the fabric of space and time apart— the usual.

Oz thought to themselves as they took notes that they were gonna be the only monster to actually graduate with A+ grades and consistent attendance, the only problem was is that it was 5 weeks before prom and they didn't have a date. Oz sighed to themselves and felt a twinge of jealousy that all their friends managed to score dates— especially with the most popular monsters. But Oz also considered many times that they weren't probably not gonna go anyways. Just in case they did go, Oz ordered a tailored suit that would be ready to pick up in around a couple of weeks time.

"HEY NOOB! MOVE YOUR FAT HEAD SO I CAN SEE THE BOARD!" The aggressive voice shouted behind Oz, Oz managed not to melt into the shadows in that moment, it was a improvement from last time someone made a loud noise.  A few monsters looked for a couple of moments in awestruck, but seemed to sharply turn their heads away. Oz moved their head to the side but turned around slightly to see who yelled with the familiar voice, the aggressive insult from behind.

It was none other then Damien LaVey, one of the six most popular students at this school, despite his destructive attitude and love for fire. By this time, Oz was pretty familiar with the popular students, even became good acquaintances them, especially the ones going out with their friends.  All accept Damien, who Oz thought yelled too much.

The red skinned demon prince was out of his element it seemed, as he appeared to be jolting down everything on a piece of paper while looking back and forth from his paper to the ..board? It was a surprise for everyone that Damien even showed up to class today, but everyone never thought the hot headed demon would actually pay attention. He actually seemed to be in a panic and haste.
Oz turned around slightly so their face could fully face the demon prince, the phobias on Oz's shoulders started to get curious.

The demon looked up briefly before putting his head down again, "What are you looking at ya noob?" The demon muttered. "Nothing, why are you here?" The voice echoed though the demons mind, it was a quaint, soft, but fine voice that actually didn't manage to irritate the demon. Oz guessed that they caught Damien on a unusual good day, despite the cursing they could hear from under the demons breath. Damien was too busy writing that he didn't bother to check the monster out as he spoke, "My grades are fucking low and my dads don't want me to repeat another year of this shit, so I'm cramming." Oz was reminded for the 182nd time today that exams took place a week before prom.

Then Oz suddenly got hit with an idea, if they could tutor Damien LaVey to get his marks at a... passing level, then they could score a date to the prom.  At this point Oz didn't really care who they wanted to go to prom with, they just needed to go to prom with SOMEONE. "What if I could tutor you?" The the short spiky brownish red haired demon looked up again, for real.

The phobias started to giggle without a sound.