Chapter: 10[]Half-assed Answers

"HEY SHORT-STACK,"
Damien shouted as he punched some poor monsters locker with the side of his fist, making a huge indent in the middle. Oz just sighed unimpressed and tired from the trip they made last night.
"You don't have to yell Damien, I'm right next to you."
The Eldritch horror opened their locker to find their backpack safely tuck inside, Oz had a feeling something was gonna go down so they stuck the backpack in their locker for safekeeping. Maybe Oz should try to listen to their intuition more.
Damien just made an annoyed face,
"I can yell when I want to yell! Shut it cause' I have questions I wanna ask you."

There was a rainbow beetle named Ted living inside Oz's locker, cool guy but didn't have a place to stay in the city— too expensive. During the middle of Highschool Oz offered their locker to live in, in exchange for five dollars from Ted, Oz didn't know how Ted got the money but each month five dollars always showed up in the Eldritch horrors front pouch of the backpack. Oz opened the front pouch to find a tiny written notice,
'Moved in w/my girlfriend
thanks for the place to stay!
-Ted'

Smartass, he left before he had to pay.

Damien noticed that the noob wasn't paying attention to him, instead they were looking at sticky note with an annoyed expression on their face. It was starting to piss him off, so he snatched the sticky note and burned it on contact. That seemed to get the noobs attention.

"ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION NOOB!?"
Oz grabbed their backpack and closed their locker to face Damien with a glare.
"Yes yes —ask away your highness."
"Don't fucking call me that you little shit,"
Damien was towering over Oz and pushing them back against their locker. A intimidating strategy, but Oz wasn't about to back down on the first day of remotely teaching the Demon a thing or two.
"Then stop burning my things— Prince."
The two were almost grinding foreheads at this point,
"Fine."
"Fine."

Neither of them wanted to let up and be the one to walk away, but Oz started to notice that it was quiet around the halls— now that they thought about, no one was around either except a hall monitor seemingly avoiding the two altogether, but the monitor spoke up nonetheless.
"Uh-h hey... classes started around five minutes ago soo...." they started off stuttering and ended with a weak squeal.
"C'mon Damien, we have phys-ed now"
Oz grabbed Damien's arm and started to walk away with him, all the tension from before seemed disappear, thanks socially awkward hall monitor.

"How do you know that we have the same class, eh? Were you my stalker before we met? Cause' I totally fuck with that too."
Damien leaned in behind Oz and made a 'slurp' sound behind their ear, causing an automatic two feet to be created from each other.
Thank hell itself the gym is on the first floor, thank hell that they are too.
"Please don't do that again, and no— I'm not your stalker. It's just the only class I'm aware that you're in, other than human studies of course."
"That was human studies? No wonder I was bored as shit."

By the time the two turned the corner and the gym door was in sight, they were shoulder to shoulder with each other in a conversation that lead into which animal they'd like to fuck.
"I'm telling you, dolphins are the way to go if you wanna have a good time!"
"Doesn't the males usually rape their partners?"
They start to slow down at the gym doors,
"Exactly! They have a lot of experience in sex so you don't have to worry if they'll mess up."
Oz opened the gym door, the loud muffled noises that could be heard from outside turned into monsters screaming for their teammates to win.
"You find the strangest ways to bring out optimism in dark topics."

Oz started to walk though the door when a flaming volleyball suddenly smacked them in the face, causing them to tumble a bit backwards into Damien's arms. The ball slid down Oz's face into their arms while a familiar voice apologized loudly, another yelled that it's been ten minutes and the two were late.
Damien thought to ask if Oz was okay but ended up just saying nothing.
He didn't know how telepathy worked but he could make out a faint "Sorry..." in the back of his mind, was it directed at him or Coach? both?
Damien just pushed Oz inside and headed to the locker room, not his fucking problem.

Oz just stood by the door dumbfounded, that was the first time they were late because of themselves.

Late.

If Oz had a sense of taste, that would be a bitter word in the back of their throat— if they also had a throat. Have they gotten so sloppy already? It was just one other class they were late to, it hasn't been eighteen classes yet.
They're fine.
"Oz I've been calling for you like five times already, did the ball hit you that hard?"
It was Amira that shook Oz out of their daze, most of Oz's friend group didn't all share the same classes together, so Oz felt relieved when they found out Amira and them share a gym class together.

A familiar hefty tiger approached,
"Don't worry I got this, Amira resume the match."
Coach gave her a winning smile of sharp teeth and a thumbs up that could make you believe in yourself for just a moment. Oz idly passed the smoking volleyball to Amira who gave a slight worried look, then shook her head a little as if to dismiss herself.
"You got it Coach— HEADS UP!"
The volleyball lit aflame as Amira tossed it gracefully into the air, as it came down Amira gave it a huge 'SMACK' towards one of her teammates who volleyed it over the net, resuming the match.

"So, why are you late Oz? This is a second time you haven't come on time."
Oz looked at the Coach for a moment, trying and thinking of some kind of excuse that is valid and wouldn't mark them absent. As much as Coach liked to have fun in the gym, he was pretty strict when it came to scheduling.
An excuse...
Ah— got it. Oz gave a phoney mind sigh,

"Damien sir. I was held up by Damien."