Chapter: 8[]Holding Back

When Oz got home they just went straight to their room, ignoring the background "Hey how did it go?" from the Frankenstein monster that was taking up the whole couch in the living room, that also connected Conveniently with the kitchen. Today was an exhausting day for Oz.
Not physically exhausting, they definitely have some endurance considering they're basically Inflammable, but even monsters like Oz can only take so much... Damien in a day. Now they're gonna have to take Damien 3 times for 4 weeks— plus prom night.
They have better things they should be doing with their time, like studying and doing work, ...would be earning money by scams in the ex-library. Oz reached their room door that was right beside Brian's room and across from the washroom, they clumsily played with the door handle as they opened the door with a soft click and went inside. Oz went to put their bag down on the floor— except there was no bag to put down, well shit, must've forgot it in their locker.
They ended just plopping down on their twin bed and stared at their white popcorn ceiling.

At first Oz thought Damien was just some kind of side job, sure a little destructive but nothing that they couldn't handle right? Well it's turned out that Oz was dealing with more of an atomic bomb that could set off anytime Damien felt like it, worst part is that they can't find a diffuse button.
Oz's hands started to curl into fits.
Actually scratch that— the worst part wasn't Damien's destructive tendencies or his apparent anger issues that he needed in-check, it was the fact he knew something that could get Oz kicked out of society for. They're gonna need to keep an eye on Damien now that he knows something,
...and if push comes to shove, it was better that Damien could not say a thing to anyone ever again.

You'll never be one of them, you know better.

Three soft knocks filled Oz's small room as the eldritch horror turned their head toward the door, it was Brian. Brian was the only one that wasn't trying to knock Oz's door down, wether it's because of the dead skin that could easily rip of if Brian wasn't careful, or because Brian doesn't like to knock loudly Oz never asked.

"C-Come in!"

The door clicked open and walked in was the predicted tall but broad green zombie, "Hey," Brian huffed as he closed the door behind him then looked at Oz, eyeing them and staying silent for a moment before saying, "You look like you came out of a forest fire."

Oz glanced at their clothes, the yellow cardigan they were wearing looked singed and a couple of holes peaked though, showing the dark spots of the collared white shirt they were wearing underneath looking stretched and wrinkled. Their pants looked burnt in some places, but was overall fine.
"Yeah I guess so,"  Oz replied casually as they looked back at the stoic zombie.
"Heard about the library, I know you liked going in there, sorry." Brain said as he leaned his back against the door he came in from, folding his arms and relaxing.
"You don't have to apologize. Besides, considering how crazy rich the school is from government funding and student fees I bet they'll have a new library by tomorrow."
"Hope they won't take some money from the cafeteria, I don't want another tofu dish in my entire undead life."
Oz mind chuckled a little, "Haha yea..."
"Wanna talk?"
"About what?"
"Damien."

"Haha," Oz said with a sarcastic tone, "I'll pass on that."

Another moment of silence filled the room, only the muffled sounds of the living room could be heard.  A commercial for live vacuum cleaners was on, selling for a ridiculous high price.

Brain broke the silence, "It's your turn to do the dishes."
"I thought it was Amira's turn."
"She said her and Vera were in an intense game of poker, probably will be back by tonight."
Oz was tempted to ask if this was a form of punishment for not telling what happened with Damien, but figured that they could get Five bucks off of Amira when she gets home. Oz also assumed that the Djinn said that as an excuse, because of her hate of water. 
"Alright, I'm gonna get changed and then do the dishes."
"Sounds good," Brain opened the door to leave, but stopped when one rotting foot out the door,
"...Y'know you can talk to us if there's something wrong, right? We're here for you."
Oz stared back up at the ceiling,
"Yeah, I know..."
"Okay," is what Brian said before stepping out into the narrow hallway before closing the door, leaving Oz with only their thoughts and the phobias that were encircling their body.

Oz wanted to talk about, to be honest and say the first thing on their conscious— to act normal with the stuff their hiding. They wanted so hard to be like every other monster, It didn't matter if Oz was reborn with no eyes and had to eat overdue organs and stinky cheese their whole life, even Oz envied the lowest standard form of monster. It'd be a fairytale come true... but Oz couldn't talk about it, it was against their golden rule— only a select group know, and one of them has the biggest mouth of them all.

And that loud mouth fucker is Damien fucking LaVey

"For the gods sakes— JUST FUCK IT ALL!"
The phobias started to move rapidly around Oz, they're hungry. Oz is hangry.
Oz used up more than they should've today, and now instead of one they have to search for two.
Oz mind sighed, nothings ever easy is it?

Couple hours later into the evening with a fresh pair of jeans and a cheap, slightly oversized grey t-shirt, Oz is putting away the dishes they washed by hand while Brian and Vicky were sprawled out on the couch watching 'Horrors Top House Wives' which Oz thinks is a trashy reality T.V. Show, but Vicky and Brian seem to be eating it up like it's the last supper. Their conversation started to get heated.
"I'm telling you Brian, Clancy KNEW what she was doing when she spilt her Pig Wine on Terris!"
"And I keep telling you Vicky, Clancy only spilled her Pig Wine because she thought that Terris slept with her husband— which she totally DID by the way!"
"No way Brian! Clancy's husband would never cheat on his wife! He's faithful!"
"You only say that because he reminds you of Scott."

Oz couldn't help but overhear, are they gonna finally see Vicky pissed? Vicky gasped as if she's been told there's no Santa.
"Now you listen here mister—"

Vicky's scolding was interrupted as a loud band hit the door as It flied open and hit the wall, came in stumbling a definitely drunk Amira. She didn't even try to use her indoor voice, 
"GUESS WHO JUST CAME BACK FROM POKERRRRrr!"
The small group of friends quickly gathered around her, Oz closed the door behind her.
Vicky was giddy with excitement,
"Well—? Did ya win? Did ya!?"
Amira took out and flashed what was supposedly 500 bucks and gave the biggest grin her drunken ass could.
"Let's just say," Amira said in a slurred voice, "That Vera won."