Anger and Misunderstandings

The light of freedom can disappoint you like no other, it can cause madness. The madness of not knowing and the fact that its so close and easy to find. Freedom can be an amazing thing, but the problem is within the person of how they express it.
__________________________

" MASON, WHATS WRONG? NIGHTMARE? Are you ok?! Snap out of it." Jamie demanded, she was confused. Her son was screaming about revenge, about fire. She thinks its just a bad dream.

"... Mom?" Mason asked cautiously, he didnt want to wake up yet.

' I need to help... Help..? Help who? Why cant i remember the name? Was it all really just a dream? Wheres the land?'

"Yes sweetie, its mommy. Can you tell me what your dream was about, you seem really shaken up," Jamie puts her hand to Masons forehead concerned. "Your sweating awfully bad, do you feel ill?"

"N...No mom. Im fine. Its nothing for you to worry about, is dad ready to practice?" Mason asked. He wanted to give his head a break and bond a little with his family. Maybe finish the technique. The technique! He forgot all about that!

"Maybe you should just lay down for the day and take it easy. You can spar tomorrow."

"NO, I have the junior competition tomorrow! I have to practice or else dad will never accept me as one of the head family!"

"Oh hun... Your father loves you no matter what you accomplish. But if you really want to, he's in his office down the hall."

Mason got out of bed and raced down to the office to get his dad.
'Ok, ok slow down. Head rush.' Thought Mason as his vision got blurry and he went a little light headed. He heard laughing in his fathers office.
'I wonder, whats so funny?'
He tip toed and used his light weight as an advantage. He avoided each creaking floorboard that he knew of and decided to listen.

"He's such a disappointment. How could that kid be MY son, I want him to succeed but its like he's not even a bloodline to the family! He's.. what do you call them... He's like a delinquent toddler!" John (His father) laughed.

Mason was confused. Why would his dad say such mean things? He knows how hard he tries! Mason got upset and made up a story to his mom that he wasn't feeling too well and headed to bed. He had heard enough, or so he thought.

"He's just a little slow, master John. You should just keep trying and set him up for next years event. He'll be ready by then and exceed his competition, I'm sure of it."

"I guess your right, well I suspect you have some more work to do around the house. You are dismissed."

"Ok sir, thank you for your time." Said the maid as she left the room to do some chores.

Mason's father heard the his son was ill later that day. He got concerned and checked on him.

"Hey little man, I heard your not feeling too well?"

Mason didn't want to talk to his father so he pretended to be asleep. His father buys it and leaves the boy to himself.

'I will prove him wrong. He's going to eat his own words! I will win that tournament tomorrow, and he will see how worthy I am!!'
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Oh the suspense! I love writing this, its so much fun! xD well, comment if you can, feedback is appreciated !! Arigato, Sayonara!