Chapter 1

"TYLER" I'm pissed now

He ignores me. I'm about to explode. School starts in 20 minutes and it's a 30 minute drive.

He finally comes down the stairs. He actually brushed his hair. He has shaggy brown hair, he's wearing ripped skinny jeans and a large t-shirt.

"What the hell took you so long!" My dad shouts

"I had to look good for Lori" he responds. Lori is Tyler's girlfriend. They have been dating for a week and they claim to be "in love".

Ugh. Doesn't that word just make you want to throw up? I've never believed in love. Can you blame me? My parents fight every other day and no boy is attracted to me. I've never had a boyfriend, I don't want one either.

Ever.

I'm finally arrived at school. My brother and I get out and I look at my phone. It's 8:00am. The final bell just rang.

"Crap" I say and run into the school an get to my locker. I open my locker and this note fell out. I unfold the note:

"I hope your last day of school goes good beautiful. Can we meet up after school today at the library? Then you can find out who your secret admirer is ;)

Love,

Your future boyfriend"

What? Secret admirer? I've never had one before. I fold the note back up and put it in my back pack realizing I'm still late. I grab my books and make my way to my Ecology class. Mr. Franklin is that one teacher you don't wanna mess with.

I just approached the door. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I know what's gonna happen. Mr. Franklin is going to give me crap about me being late and the class is going to stare at me like I killed 10 people.

I knock on the door and try to open it. But of course it's locked. So I awkwardly stand Infront of the small window and watch Mr. Franklin approach the door.

"Ms Nome? I don't see your pass?"

Oh no. Now the whole class is staring and listening to our conversation. I'm so embarrassed, I can feel my whole

Face turning red.

"Um Mr. Franklin? Can we talk about this after class?"

I can see my best friend laughing at me. Her name is Tammy. She has blonde hair and green eyes. She's a little on the big side but she's the best friend I can ask for.

She starts to make stupid faces at me, and I start to giggle.

"Is something funny?" Mr Franklin asked.

"Oh no, I just um.... Nothing"

"Ms. Nome, where's your pass"

"Oh um well i missed the bus this morning and I had to wait for my brother and then-" he cut me off before I could finish explaining"

"Enough excuses, no pass means detention after school today".

"What?! No no mr Franklin if you would just please listen to my-"

"Please take a seat"

He never listens. I walk over to my seat with my face red and I glare at Tammy. She of course giggles and mouths "sorry".

I sit down and day dream the rest of

Class. I'm just going to spare you the details of the rest of my day.

I get to my locker and I grabbed my homework and mr Franklin came up behind me and tapped my shoulder.

"Detention in my room".