Chapter 3

It's been 3 hours later, Niall and the other guys are just about done bringing our furniture in. I walk outside to get a breath of fresh air cause it smells like smelly men in our house.

I look over at our neighbors house and I see theses too guys talking. They are behind a little tree so Im not sure who it is.

I take a seat on our front steps and let the wind relax me. Until, I hear this loud door slam. I flinched and looked around but found out it was the 2 guys outside. I hear someone yell: "YOU'LL REGRET THIS".

As he walks away, I realized it was that boy with the curly brown hair and too many tattoos.

He stomps away and turns towards me way and walks Infront of my

House. I get off the stairs and yell to him

"HEY! I remember you!" I yell. He notices me, but he doesn't stop walking.

"Hey, curly haired boy, I'm talking to you". I'm walking after him.

"What do you want." He says quickly. I can tell he wants me to go.

"I'll leave you alone once you stop walking". I say firmly. I thought for sure he would listen, but he kept walking.

"Wait, before you go, can I get a name?" I say. I'm no longer walking after him.

He sighs and turns towards me. "Harry Styles, now leave me the fuck alone".

Well he's rude. Wait I already knew that.

I huff and walk back towards my house but right as I turn around, another boy stands further away from me. He starts to walk towards me. So, of course I look down at the road, because I feel that it'a awkward to make eye contact with strangers.

Right as were about 3 feet away from each other, the boy says to me.

"Hey, your the girl moving in next door to me, right?" He says smiling.

"Yea, that's me". I'm so awkward.

The boy has shaggy brown hair and blue eyes. He was tall and skinny. But I really like his smile.

"Oh, how rude of me, Louis Tomlinson." He puts his hand Infront of me.

"Riley, Riley Nomes." We exchanged hand shakes and just smiled at each other.

"So, where you from?" He says calmly.

I can see my mom on the front porch, I think she's watching me. I'm just ignoring her an hoping she doesn't say anything.

"Chicago" I say smiling.

"Chicago? You went from a big town to a really small town." He acts surprised.

"Oh yea, I don't even know what city I'm in. It's a long story on how I-" I turn my head to my mom who is waving her hand at me, she's telling me to come back.

"I'm sorry, I would love to stay and chat but my mom needs me." I start to walk away and talk to him at the same time.

"It's okay, I'll talk to you later, Riley." He says and walks the same way harry did.

I like the way he says my name. He looked about my age. He was much nicer than Harry.

I didn't even realize that the U-haul guys left. They must of left going the other way. By time I got to my house, everything was set up. It took 5 hours but it looks great!

Right as I walked in the door my mom was staring me at and grinning.

"Who's that boy you were talking to? He was cute". She says winking.

"Ew! Mom!" Nasty.

"What?! No! I meant.... like cute for... you.." I can tell shes lying.

"Mom, he's my age, but it doesn't mean we can't just be friends." I don't even know how old he is.

She just sits on the couch and doesn't say anything. I can't help but giggle. I decide to change the subject.

"Mom, how can we afford this?" I don't know how.

"The reason I wanted to move here was because I got a good job opportunity. You know how I also went to college to be a nurse but also studied science?"

"Yea?"

"Your new school was desperate for a nurse and they are paying me double of the original salary. I'm going to be making double of what my job was in Chicago!"

Jesus.

"Wow mom! That's great!"

"I know right! I'm so excited!" She sounds pretty happy too.

Our house is really big for only two people.

"Riley, go out and find some friends". She makes it sound easy.

"Mom, it's not that easy, what am I suppose to do? Point at someone and say 'HEY YOU! YOUR MY FRIEND NOW'".

"Sure why not" She pulls the car keys out of her purse and throws it at me.

"its 10pm, it's late, are you sure you want me driving around?"

"Your a safe driver, I trust you" she says smiling.

I roll my eyes and walk outside with the keys. As I walked out of the door I noticed Harry waking by with some girl. She's wearing a cheerleading uniform. I think they are holding hands but I can't tell without my glasses.

I have glasses, I just choose not to wear them because I look ugly. I tried contacts but I can't stand things in my eyes. Eye drops aren't easy to do.

He notices me staring and we made awkward eye contact for a couple of seconds. I look at the floor and walk into my mom's car.

I check my mirrors and I look in my left mirror and notice Harry walking up my drive way, without that girl.