Chapter 2

I wake up in our small and cramped van around 8am. I look over at my

Mom and she's barely awake.

"Mom!" I yell

She jumped and her eyes opened wide. She was so startled that the car swerved into the other lane.

"Oh my god mom!!! Didnt you pull over last night for some sleep?!"

" I can't sleep honey. We need to get to this house today. That's the reason we had to leave so soon. The deal I got on the house is limited."

"What? That doesn't make sense? Don't you buy the house and then it's yours?" This is weird

"Normally, yes. But the owner thought it would be funny to throw in a limited deal. So i own it for only 1 hour, but if I'm not there to claim it from 4-5, someone else can take the house. We can't make it if I pull over and sleep."

"Mom how is that even legal? Or possible?"

"I'm not sure, but Im not gonna argue cause now Im a single mom that has no job."

"How are you going to stay awake for another 2 hours? How far away are we?"

"We're about 1 hour away but I thought we could stop for lunch and breakfast." She's about to pass out.

"No mom, you need sleep. Pull over"

"What?" I know she heard me

"You heard me, pull over, Im driving."

"You don't have your license, don't be stupid" stupid? I'm trying to help.

She annoys me sometimes.

"I know how to drive a car. I just don't have much experience."

"No I'm fine, we will just have the music loud". She cranks the music up really loud and I flinch at the loud noise.

If she wants to be that way, fine. I tried to help.

...

I ended up falling asleep again but the next thing I knew my mom was actually wide awake. Too awake.

"Mom?"

"OH REA-REA! YOUR AWAKE? HOW WAS YOUR SLEEP? WE'RE ALMOST THERE? ARE YOU EXCITED? IM REALLY EX-"

"Mom how much coffee did you have?" I look around and there is star bucks coffee cups everywhere.

"I'm not sure. 15? Maybe?"

15?!?! "15??"

"I don't know, honey look!" She points to the right and I look around too see all of these beautiful and big houses.

"Wow."

"This is our neighborhood"

I'm amazed. There's a lot of children around here. It doesn't look like anyone around here is my age. A little girl and boy are tossing a really big ball around. That actually looks fun.

"Which house is ours?"

"Right around this corner."

Please don't be crappy. Please don't be crappy.

As we turn the corner I close my eyes. I hear my mom say "there it is".

I immediately open my eyes and see our new house.

It was a tan and white house, it was a 3 story house (including the basement). It wasn't as big as the other houses here but it was beautiful.

"There isn't as much yard as it look on the picture" my mom said.