Chapter Nine

Shon's POV ----> (Did you expect that?)

I didn't know why she would do something like that? Self-harm?! It's completely stupid! Does she even care what other people think if she dies? What in the world did she mean by she didn't have anyone else?! Everyone has someone, rather they know it or not!

"P-please don't ever... d-don't ever do it a-again... Please." I mutter quietly, holding Evern against me. I couldn't help but cry.

I was so happy before this! So much for that! It wasn't that i was angry at her, it was more that i was scared of what would happen to me if she died.

How could i have not seen her sad lonely eyes the first time? Why was she so depressed?

"I'm sorry." Evern went limp in my grasp.

My eyes widened instantly, my breath hitching in shock.

"E-Evern?" I stuttered, loosening my hold. I knew she wasn't unconscious or asleep, because she was trembling.

"I am s-so sorry..." She cried. Her voice was louder than before, she sounded like she was in pain.

"Ev-"

"I should've never done th-that, or any thing like that... I just couldn't stand my life anymore. M-my life was over the d-day i got this cast. Everything changed..." Evern explained, her voice more desperate than mine. I decided not to talk, and let her finish.

She seemed so scared.

"There was an earthquake, and my b-brother... he fell of the side of the trail, a rock landing on him and killing him. I was trapped under a rock, and it broke my leg over a month ago." Evern stuttered.

I slowly rolled her onto the palm of my hand.

Her hair was matted to her face, and she was covered in tears. Her cast was coming unwrapped and there was a line of dried blood near her mouth. The sight of her made me want to cry more, but i knew i shouldn't.

I reached my other hand towards her, gently setting a finger to her head. I felt her flinch, but i continued to rub her back.

I didn't know what else to do. She looked like she needed a bath, or a lot of sleep.

Evern's POV

I just wanted to sleep... That's all. My eyes felt drowsy and my head throbbed.

"Shon. Can i sleep."

I felt the ground under me move and i was set carefully on the bed. I laid down, curled in a ball, and tried to sleep.

I couldn't, but that was usual. I normally couldn't, so why did this time feel so different. There was a headache to go along with it, which totally helped the situation.

'Why had i been so stupid?' I thought to myself playing with my long sleeves. I let out a huff and sat up.

The room was empty but i could hear muffled conversations coming from Gage's room. They were having a decent conversation until i could hear Shon's voice more clearly. He seemed so sad and angry at the same time.

'What is wrong with me?' I stood up, then casually waltzed to the other end of the bed so i could gaze at the forest of never ending trees. I let out a deep sigh as fell backwards into a sitting position, but instantly regretted doing so.

My vision fogged instantly and i passed out not even a second later.