Chapter Nineteen

The bus ride seemed to last forever and it was very loud, but eventually, Shon began to move again. Sadly though, the loud crowd of teens and their chatter followed.

I noticed Shon didn't talk much on the bus, instead, he was on his phone occasionally putting his hand beside me to comfort me.

As I got comfortable, a very very loud bell rung alerting everyone it was school time, and my ears didn't like it at all. I even tried to cover them, but I wasn't very successful.

Then, almost as soon as it rang, Shon began to run. It wasn't a good idea in my opinion because at that point I felt like I was going to hurl. Trust me.. I wasn't planning on losing my breakfast.

If anything, I was just tossed around until I grabbed a hold of the fabric. I held it fairly well until he came to an abrupt stop.

"Do you mind hotshot??" I hollered at him. Shon didn't respond, instead, he put his hand beside me and ruffled my hair a bit, then shushed me from the outside.

At that point, I knew he was most likely in a classroom, so I just curled up and let myself relax. I definitely wouldn't be doing anything until afterward, so I let myself drift to sleep.

~~~

I woke up to being jolted around in the pocket. As quickly as I could, I grabbed a hold of the fabric, attempting to secure myself the best I could. There was a loud commotion of laughing and panic.. Was it a fight? Rather it was or not, Shon was occupied and I was slipping.

I could see the tiled ground as the side of the pocket opened a bit. It was certain if I fell, I would die in an instant.

"Aww.. Shon. Are you going to call your big brother? Or are you scared he'd see what really happens here, wimp?" A snarly voice teased.

Instantly, the ground went through a whole bunch of turbulence, nearly flinging me out onto the ground, but luckily I had a strong grip.

"Hey! What's going on here?" The new voice was stern yet feminine, reprimanding whatever had just happened. Everything had ceased, stopping the turbulence as well.

"Nothing ma'am. Just having some fun." The previous voice said, angelically. Even if I could tell what was happening, that kid made me angry and if I was tall enough I would have punched the socks off of him.

"Of course.. Well.. Take it outside. Schools already out anyway." The woman seemed exasperated as she spoke, but she said no more.

As I was trying to listen in to the other kids and their talking, a hand reached in and gently stroked my head. It was Shon.. but he was shaking.

"Yes ma'am.." Shon muttered, walking out of the room. He seemed to be speed walking, then as soon as he stepped out of the room, he ran. His fingers gently held me in a firm fist so I wouldn't experience anymore crazy jolting.

"Shon!! Where do you think you're going?!" The kids were following, but it was too difficult for me to tell how close, but I could hear the panic in Shon's breathing.

It was only a few minutes before Shon had made it outside, but he kept running, nearly tripping over his own feet. Slowly, things seemed to calm down. Shon had stopped running, but he was still out of breath. gently, he lifted me out of the pocket and began to examine me for any injuries.

"Evern.. Are you oka-" He began to speak, but was cut off as he was flung forward into the grass and I was nearly catapulted under a nearby bush. It took me a second to regain my senses, as I fumbled with standing.

"Get up and fight coward." The same kid kicked Shon in the stomach.

My eyes widened and I wanted to help, but I stayed hidden. Shon laid on the ground still curled up in a fetal position in an attempt to keep himself protected from anymore blows.

There were two kids standing over Shon and one kneeling in front of him saying something to him I couldn't hear. After a second, the kid backhanded him across the face then rose to his feet.

I watched in horror as the group began beating down on him hardcore. There weren't any major injuries that caused bleeding, but there were enough bruises to keep Shon on the ground, vulnerable. Surprisingly, it didn't last that long and the group of kids left leaving Shon to lay in the grass.

I waited for a few minutes, making sure they were gone before running out to Shon. He was slowly sitting up, clearly in pain as he winced several times.

"Shon..? Are you okay..?" I asked, my voices barely loud enough to be heard. He looked at me, pain and sadness in his eyes.

He held his hand down for me as he nodded with a sad smile. I stepped on and he gently brought me up to his chest as if he were to hug me.

After a few moments of silence, I heard a small sniffle. It broke my heart but the best thing I could do was hug him in return, hoping in some way it would help him.

~~~

A/N

It's been a while, hasn't it?