The Asylum

It's been a week since joker has been put in and he's making it a living hell for the doctors and staff. Joker still had some henchmen from the white fang that gave him info on whomever he pleased.

Flashback

A female doctor walked in jokers 'room' or cell as he liked to call it. She sat down in front of him looking overconfident that she could help the joker.
Doctor: Hello sir, I'm Dr.Quinnzel and I'll be helping you today.
Joker: do you really think you can help me?
Dr.Quinn: Of course!
Joker: Hmm
After an hour of the two talking and laughing they befriended her. Joker was in the living quarters of the asylum and recognized some old white fang members that used to work for him. Guess that he made people go mad to which joker laughed.

5 months later

Joker was growing soft and fast, he was more open. Like he really did need help other than the "good guys" chasing him. He and Dr.Quinn had grown fond of each other and wanted her to be the new Harley if he ever got out. He still didn't want to completely give in, he was still able run a few staff away from the workplace and a few other patients to suicide.
They asylum then one day forced surgery upon the joker. A type of face lift to make him look normal again. But they were only able to reattach his face now he was still pale and had his long toothy grin.

1 year later

The Asylum had gone to drastic measures to "cure" joker. They would dope him which would calm him or knock him out. When he was they would inject him with certain drugs to reverse the effects of inhaling that joker gas he did so long ago. When he would awake joker would sit in the living quarters alone and stay quiet. He wasn't allowed visitors either, they didn't want to "trigger" any bad memories to make joker go mad.
With joker gone for this long there have been a few copycats but they would always get caught. Joker also heard that the people he used to work with like cinder and Salem were no more. The world was better without the clown.

4 years pass

The world was peaceful once again and the joker was never able to escape. He had become a mindless zombie because of all the experiments brought upon him. Joker wouldn't talk, eat, or so anything. He would just sit in the living quarters staring at the same walls he's stared at for five years. One day, the asylum decided to put a tv in the living area to keep everyone entertained. Once they were done they put on the evening news and stories of RWBY and Batman were the first to show. Something I'm Joker snapped he payed attention to what good things they have done. The stopping of all evil to Harley Quinn joining their side.
Joker: r-rwby, Batman? Darlings~
With that joker did something he hadn't in a while, smile.

2 weeks later

Joker was active again and his his real intentions. Revenge, the last stand against them all. He overheard the doctors saying that they could release joker since he was stable. He had a plan already made, he would lay low and meet his old "friends" and see how old they've gotten its almost been a decade since they last saw him and they were already getting to that age anyway. They probably had families of their own. Joker couldn't wait to brake them.
Then next day the staff surprises joker with clothes, a place to stay, even a few hundred bucks. He was ready to leave and was happy to see the outside world again.
Joker: Its good to be back!