#6

*Based on the Evacuating our home vlog*

"Austin!" I hear Landon yell.

"What's up!" I yell back. He opens my door and pokes his head in.

"Sweetie, I don't mean to panic you, but I need you to pack anything valuable to you and about a weeks worth of clothes" Landon says.

"Why?" I ask

"Hurricane Michael. A category 3 hurricane is heading our way, we are going to Frisco for about a week" Landon says 

"O-okay" I say. Landon smiles lightly before closing my door. Tears begin to cloud my vision but I attempt to blink then away.

I get my suitcase from under my bed and my backpack from my behind door. Like Landon said, I pack a weeks worth of clothes in my suitcase, along with a few other things. In my backpack, I put a lot of my art and music stuff. A picture of Camryn,  Landon, Collette and I. And my stuffed wolf. Along with the You are my sunshine Banner.

As I zip up my backpack, I can feel a wave if panic wash over me. I slide to the ground in a ball, heavy breathing and tears streaming down my face. I hear my door open.

"Austin are you alm-" Camryn starts "Oh No! LANDON!" Camryn runs to my side as Landon rushes into the room.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"She's having a panic attack" Camryn says. Landon rushes over.

"Camryn go get her inhaler" Landon says. Camryn gets up off the floor to run and get it.

"Hey, Austin, it's okay. You know what this is. It's a panic attack. It will end" Landon says. I shake my head no. He picks me up from the ground and cradles me like a baby while rubbing my hair.

"Yes it will. Just breathe okay, in and out." Landon does a breathing exercise with me as Camryn returns with my inhaler. Being very shaky, Camryn helps me with my inhaler and my breathing soon returns to normal.

"Are you okay sweetie?" Camryn asks.

"I guess, yeah" I say.

"Do you want to talk about it? What it was about" Camryn asks

"It was like, the panic of Hurricane Michael washing away our apartment." I say "Tha fact that this is our home and there a possibility it's gonna be gone" I choke back a sob.

"Honey, we are gonna be just fine okay?" Camryn says.

"Okay" I say. Cam smiles and gets up off the ground, helps me up and then Landon stands as well.

Time skip

"Okay guys, so Landon and Austin just finished packing her stuff" Camryn says to the camera. "I was packing Collette's stuff, basically whatever I could find. But she recently grew out of 0-3 months clothes, and now fits in 3-6 month clothes, so she has basically nothing" Camryn shows the Camera the clothes that are sitting on her and Landon's bed. She shuts the camera off for a second and then moves to the next shot.

"We are basically gonna load everything in that giant trunk I guess" Camryn says, she pauses the recording, sets the camera down. Then turns it back on, to do a time lapse.

"Austin sweetie?" Landon says.

"Yeah Landon" I say

"Can you start packing a bit of Collettes bag while I help Camryn?" He asks

"Yeah sure" I say. I grab Collettes bag from of the floor and pack accordingly to Camryns instructions. Diapers, wipes, bibs, pacifiers, toys,  things like that. Cam is putting Collettes clothes in with her and Landons clothes.

"Landonnnnnn" I whine.

"Austinnnnnnnnn" he mocks.

"I'm hungry" I say.

"We are having dinner with Auntie Addi before we leave, hold your horses okay?" Landon says. He bends down to my level and kisses my head.

Camryn Rambles to the camera again. And walks out of the room with it. She comes back into the room about five minutes later with tears in her eyes. I know she is trying to put on a brave face for me and Coco, but really she is scared.

Before we leave, we have to wait until the dish washer is done because it has all of Collettes bottles. To pass the time, I take my guitar out of its case and sit on Camryn and Landons bed.

Wherever you will go by The Calling

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone you'll need love to light the shadows on your face
If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone, could you make it on your own

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

And maybe, I'll find out
A way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you through the darkest of your days
If a great wave shall fall and fall upon us all
Then I hope there's someone out there who can bring me back to you

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

Run away with my heart
Run away with my hope
Run away with my love

I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind, I'll stay with you for all of time

If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low, I'll go wherever you will go

If I could turn back time, I'll go wherever you will go
If I could make you mine, I'll go wherever you will go
I'll go wherever you will go

"Austin, your musical talent never fails to amaze me" Landon says from the door.

"Thanks Landon" I say. "So are we leaving soon?"

"Yeah, in about 15 minutes, I need you to help me pack the car" Landon says. I nod and he smiles, then walks back to the living room. I put my guitar back in its case. I grab my bags from my room and take them out to the car. I have my backpack and my guitar in the backseat rather than the trunk. I run back in the house and check my room to make sure I didn't leave anything that I don't want to get ruined. But I didn't. I take Collettes diaper bag and put it in the car when I go outside again.

After a bit, Camryn and Landon lock the door to the apartment and come out to the car as well.

Time skip

We had dinner with Auntie Addi and now we are back on the road. This is gonna be a long 11 hour drive and I'm not looking forward to it.

"Landonnnnnn" I whine "I'm boooooooored"

"Well do something" Landon says then turns his attention back to the road.

"What's there to do? I'm in a car" I say.

"Honey, there's nothing we can do to cure your boredom right now, try reading or something" Camryn says.

"But it's dark" I say. Camryn shakes her head but doesn't reply. I eventually put my earbuds in and end up falling asleep.