Chapter 5 : Pact

To say that Kaito was annoyed would have been an understatement. He was beyond annoyed. He was frustrated, angry, and somehow - humiliated.

Koruba Kaito never felt humiliated, embarrassed - sure, nervous - sometimes, shy - possibly, but neverhumiliated.

Humiliated as in the aspect of having others deride at his own misfortunes. Which was why Kaito was currently lying in the comfort of his own bed, white sheets wrapped loosely around his waist, hugging a spare pillow to his bare chest to hide it from his so called 'intruder.'

Avoiding the menacing and questioning eyes of said intruder, Kaito glanced quickly at the alarm clock perched atop his bedside table.

7:06 am. He returned home around 5:30ish. Around 2 hours of sleep was not enough. He was utterly exhausted. Damn Tantei-san and his buddies for living so far away. Damn that girl who's name he never knew for landing him in this situation.

Last night, returning home from his defeated heist and the encounter there-after, he barely had the energy to walk through his front door. Kaito - Kid, always made sure to prepare for all situations, readying poker face for use whenever needed. But this was simply ridiculous.

A part of him was humiliated that he'd forgotten such a little detail like this, and another part almost grateful that another person hadn't discovered it.

But still, it wasn't as though he was celebrating having this person find out, either.

"What's wrong, Kaito-kun?" Hakuba's sneering voice mocked from the seat he'd taken near Kaito's bed, staring intently at the sleepy, messy haired Kaito before him.

"For the 5th time - Go. Away." Kaito nearly spat.

Hakuba chuckled.

"I never knew you had a passion for sleeping in dress pants, Koruba." Hakuba's voice was stern with a slight rough edge to it, it nearly made Kaito fidget.

Kaito hated himself for being reminded of his current predicament. He had been tired, so extremely tired, he'd simply fallen asleep in his Kid attire. He hid the top hat under his bed, but that was about it.

He'd slid off his shoes and socks, loosened his tie, unbuttoned his shirt and attempted to shrug it off - found out he was too lazy and so slept with it the way it was -one side sliding off his shoulder.

The last article, his monocle, had been placed on his bedside table. But he knew not to worry, his mother was away visiting a friend somewhere. And he kept his house's front door locked. And honestly, what were the chances of anyone walking in on him sleeping in Kid's attire? Slim. Highly unlikely.

But no, it had happened. He'd forgotten to lock his front door. And a certainly suspicious Hakuba had somehow used that to his advantage. Kaito didn't know what the main purpose of his visit was - but who cared, right? He'd caught him.

Kaito hugged the pillow tighter to his chest, not wanting the teen detective to catch a view of his naked chest. Why? He truly had no idea.

Hakuba picked something up from Kaito's bedside table, smirked, and lifted it up to watch it glint in the early morning sun.

"Lovely monocle you got there, Koruba."

"Hakuba, tell me why you're here or get out right now." Kaito leaned up with such force the pillow toppled over. His loosened tie, blue shirt, and his white -now wrinkled on his bed from his taking it off and sleeping on it- dress jacket were all visible for Hakuba to view.

Surprisingly, Hakuba ignored said new discovery and stated he needed a phone.

A phone?

Kaito was about to inquire what he was talking about when he remembered. Aoko's phone.