Chapter 11 : Fooled

"Yes.. yes, I'm your doctor. Do you know your name, sweetheart?" The way she'd said that sounded fake - an act, but it still sounded honest. Shinichi didn't know how that could be, and he didn't know why he was so suspicious of the lady.

"Kudo Shinichi."

"What's the last thing you remember then, Kudo-san?"

The boy wrinkled his face in thought and his eyes seemed lost.. dazed. It looked as though he was in agony trying to remember; it made Shiho panic on the inside, her breathing quickened watching him. "Last thing I remember... there were lights.. and sounds.. and a roller coaster... There was a murder... And Ran was there - Ran! Is she alright?"

The doctor's eyes widened momentarily, but they returned back to normal almost a split second later.

She seemed deep in thought for a second; as if deciding something, maybe deciding what to do? Shinichi didn't know. Why did she look so unsure, anyway? Why was she asking him these questions? She's the doctor! She should have the answers. Why was she asking him?

"Right. I can't do this any longer. Kudo, sit up." The change in her voice almost came as a relief to Shinichi - it sounded... familiar. He sat up.

Shiho walked over to the door and switched off the lights. She pulled out a cell phone that lit up as she turned it on, casting a ghostly glow on the girl's face, and dialed a number, "Hakase-san, please come here immediately. I think we might have a problem," without waiting for a reply, she turned the phone off, returning them to complete darkness.

"Kudo-kun," the girl addressed him. "I'm going to perform an examination on you. The darkness is to help you-"

That was when the door was kicked open, the lights were turned on, and a young man stepped inside.

Shiho stared wide eyed at the tall figure that was Kudo Shinichi.

The silence that followed was unbearable, to Shiho, at least. It was broken a few moments later with the sound of very familiar and mocking laughter. Shiho turned to the hysterical teen on the bed, who was cackling like there was no tomorrow.

"Gotcha." The teen on the bed winked.

Shiho stared - disbelieving.

"...you!" The other Shinichi - the one at the door - shouted.

Under any other circumstance, Shiho would've thought she might have gone insane. Maybe, she already is insane.

"Oh, you fell for it!" The teen's voice on the bed had changed, and with a fleeting horror Shiho realized it was the voice of the one and only Kaitou Kid.

As if on cue, he ruffled his hair and wiped some unknown substance off of his face. Shiho marched right up to Kid and stared at his face, eyes wide, she reached up a hand to touch him, almost unsure if he was really there or not, but he caught her hand in his strong grip.

"You should really be sure to not leave your doors unlocked, darling. Poor Shin-chan, here, was wailing on the floor and what were you doing? Being handcuffed to the bed! I wonder what happened, eh? And then the Professor comes back home, finds you and unlocks your handcuffs -not bothering to ask how you came about such a situation, didn't think that was odd? And then he carries Shin-chan's limp body to a nearby room - no, no, not this lab, darling, but a nearby room- and then the 'Professor'," he chuckles, "also known as: Phantom Thief Kid, disguises as lovely Shin-chan over there, comes into this lab and attaches himself to these machines - talented, am I not? - then calls you in the Professor's voice, telling you that Hakase-san's gone to a nearby pharmacy to get some pain relief medicine for poor Kudo-kun. And you believed it, sweetheart! You thought I was Shin-chan, you thought I'd lost my memory! It was rather fun playing that part; wasn't it so great, darling?" His laughter rang across the room, "'Ran! Ran, is she alright?'" Kid mocked in Shinichi's voice. His laughter was unreadable - derisive, hysterical. "Oh, Shin-chan, I didn't expect you to wake up so early though! How'd you do it? Hmm?" And then he turned to Shiho, "And you, darling, calling me sweetheart! You know, I needn't have taken my shirt off..." he pointed to his bare torso, attached to the now apparently useless wires, and a monitor that showed a stable heart beat, "...but I thought why not give you something to think about before you sleep at night?"