Chapter 8 : Exposed

Vivid colors and strange distorted pictures filler her dreams; strange, strange pictures indeed. A DNA helix outstretched before her eyes – the red and blue helix entwined at odd angles, unnatural angles. Not the way a helix should look. She could've sworn the blue had twisted to form a very recognizable set of azure, blue eyes; and the red had done the same – except it hadn't shown both eyes, but one eye and a monocle instead.

Haibara's eyes snapped open.

She didn't recognize where she was. Again. Haibara came to note that this was a pattern she had to get in the habit of not experiencing…

Her throat was dry, dry like parchment strewn with dried, disgusting sand. Next to her was an oddly shaped glass filled with a liquid that wasn't water. Her throat cried out, she drank it without hesitation.

Odd.

It tasted odd.

Then again, everything about this was… odd.

Where was she?

Now that it had quenched her thirst, that liquid – what was it? She didn't know. But a part of it tasted familiar, like she should know what it was, but she didn't and so she decided not to dwell on such trivial, unimportant matters.

The memories of last night came clashing in her brain like a torpedo of pictures, moving pictures, of things she now wished she actually hasn't done.

Shit.

Kaitou Kid.

Had he taken her? No, no, no. He hadn't taken her forcefully. She had let him. It was like a mutual silent agreement between the both of them, occurred at a very bad time, but in the end – he had saved her. Saved her from them. Somewhat.

In a nutshell, on that boat, she'd seen Gin.

She ran.

She bumped into Kid.

She hurt Kid.

She felt obliged to nurse him.

She repaid her favor to Kid.

She couldn't stay on the boat any longer.

She'd told Kudo-kun that she was leaving, she had to leave. She couldn't just stay. She couldn't, not with them so nearby…

Kid was still hurt.

There was chaos, haste decision were made. They both wanted to get away from here, fast, quickly, without thinking.

They agreed not to ask questions of each other.

She was on the roof of a boat. Wind breezing past her hair, and then the distant sounds of a helicopter as a sudden pain raced through her heart.

That was all she remembered. So, she was with Kid now. Was he keeping her hostage? She could just simply… leave, right? No one was stopping her. No one was guarding her. No one had handcuffed her to the bed she was in. No one had tied her-

Her clothing. This was not the outfit she'd worn as Miyano Shiho.

He'd changed her…again.

In a far away part at the back of her mind, she knew he meant no harm by such actions, but all it did was piss her off even more. She was beyond annoyed, she wanted to strangle him. Such feelings were ridiculous but what's a girl to do when a strange man starts peaking around her body?

The dark window indicated it was still night, she was only asleep for a couple of hours, then.

Haibara decided to survey the room around her. There was a large window to her left, obscured mostly by dark blue, gorgeous curtains with intricate white patterns. Near that sat a lonesome, solitary chair. It appeared somewhat exotic. Next to it was another door with a golden knob, leading to a bathroom, possibly? A tall, mighty wooden cupboard followed, and then-