Chapter 14 : Seen

Hakuba was staring at Kaito so intently, his vision wavered.

Kaito, meanwhile, was so lost in thought he didn't realize that he had about 7 minutes to answer four difficult integration and differentiation questions on his Mathematics paper.

He shut his eyes - to which Hakuba wrinkled his brows worriedly - and recalled what had happened the night before.

Her screams pierced through his ear; he was thankful the Professor wasn't here to listen to his adopted daughter's most terrifying screams.

Kaito, in a frenzy of anxiety, banged on the cubicle inside the lab where the little girl had retreated to about five minutes ago. "It's a thermo-sensitive cubicle," she'd explained, "If I go in there, it can measure a lot of things during the transformation - just in case..." and without waiting for a reply, she'd shut the door behind herself.

"Are you alright!?" Shouted Kaito - he'd recalled the last time she'd shrunk, and grown, and didn't remember any time she'd screamed THIS much.

"Y-yeah..." Her voice was barely audible, so he pressed his ears to the cold metal and barely heard her mutter, "I d-drugged.. myself... want to see... my own eyes..."

Kaito waited for what seemed like forever, and then he slowly backed off from the door when he felt it push against him, he licked his lips, unsure what he would see.

Shiho stepped out, eyes half lidded left hand pressed against her forehead... she seemed so lost, Kaito felt like he needed to help her.

She pressed a few buttons on the machine she'd just come out of, and the computer beside it beeped, reading: "Initiating Data Transfer."

Having uttered not a single word, Shiho walked towards him and it was then that Kaito took notice of her attire. She was wearing a button up lab coat that reached mid-thigh, and from the looks of it... just that lab coat.

He gulped, and noticed a pile of clothing on a chair near by; a chair that Shiho was currently approaching.

She bent over to pick it up and Kaito instantaneously looked away, despite the little devil inside him that was telling him it was okay to peak. Geez Kaito, he thought, I turn into a prude right at the perfect moment, don't I?

This whole time, Shiho had ignored him completely, or perhaps not noticed he was there, since she simply walked right past him to her room, but before she shut the door behind her, she said something that made his heart jump,

"Kudo," she'd begun, "Are you gonna go back to your sweetheart or just stand there all night?"

"Kuroba," Hakuba insisted, trailing behind the way too unfocused Kaito, who seemed to be so lost in his day dreams that he'd left about half of that Math test unanswered, and he'd conveniently forgotten that they were in school and had left the classroom without his bag or belongings, and lastly, he'd looked right through the currently frustrated Englishman without so much as a care in the world as to what he was saying.

"Kuroba," extremely pissed off and rather frustrated, Hakuba grabbed the unsettled Kaito - not that he seemed bothered by it - and pushed them both into the now empty boys locker room.

Without waiting for a reaction from Kaito (he doubted that he would get a reaction), he'd snapped, "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?"

Kaito seemed to snap out of his thoughts just then, looked around and frowned, "How'd we get here?"

Hakuba seemed taken aback by that, "Y-you don't remember?"