Hyunjin - Behind The Scene

"You can do this, just say what you have to say." I tell myself in the mirror, "You've let this go on too long, he isn't right for you, end it." I finally decided today was the day to break up with me terrible, piece of crap boyfriend. We've been dating for over a year and recently I've realized he isn't a good match for me. He's not a terrible person, he just isn't what you want in a relationship. After my morning pep talk, I grab my bookbag and head off to school.

"You can do this!" I repeat over and over in my mind. I'd probably said it over 100 times before I reached my school. I walk to locker and as usual, my soon-to-be-ex is waiting for me.

"Hey, y/n, how's it going?" He says with a sincere smile.

"Actually, Ive been pretty nervous lately." I admit putting my books in my locker, building up my confidence.

"Me too, I've been meaning to get something off my chest." He told me, playing with his fingers.

"Oh..?" I say quietly, "What is it?"

"I think we should break up..." he admitted.

"Really?!" I shouted back.

"Please, please, please don't be mad at me!" He begged, throwing his hands up.

"I'm not! That's what I was nervous about. I thought we should break up too!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Well then, I don't think we could've planned this any better." He laughed, "So I'm assuming we can still be friends?"

"That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say!" I responded, "Welp, I'll see you later!" I say as the bell for first period rings.

"Peace." He responds and heads towards his classroom. I walk down the hallway and see one of my friends, Hyunjin, waiting at the door for me.

"He told me he was gonna break up with you this morning. I should've ran to tell you, but I didn't have the courage to tell you and see you heartbroken." He rambled on, "Oh my, you're not crying right now, you look confused. He hasn't done it yet?! Oh goodness, I'm so sorry you had to hear it from me!" He pulled me into a hug.

"Hyunjin, HYUNJIN" I yelled because I couldn't breathe he was holding me so tight, "Calm down! Yes, he broke up with me this morning."

"Then why are you smiling?" He questioned, "Oh my, you're still in shock and it hasn't set in yet."

"Stop worrying!" I laughed and pushed him off me. "It was mutual, I was gonna break up with him today too."

"Really?! What are the odds?" He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Slim to none, but here we are." I responded.

"You know what else would make this day even crazier?" He asked me, looking nervous.

"What's that?" I ask, not expecting what he would say next.

"If you let me take you on a date." He said not looking me.

"A date? Like a romantic one?" I asked.

"Yeah, like a 'I pick you up and take you somewhere nice' date." He said, now he was messing with his hair which he only ever does when he's REALLY nervous.

"Well one almost impossible thing happened today, so I might as well make it two." I responded and he looked at me confused. "I would love to go on a date with you!"

"Really? I'll be honest with you then, I've liked you even before you started dating him." He admitted, "It was really hard to watch you enjoy dating him. That's also why I couldn't tell you he was going to break up with you because I couldn't help but smile at the idea of it."

"Forget about all that now," I began to tell him, "Now we're going on a date and none of that matters."