1

"His heart, as cold as his eyes, left me to question on more than one occasion if my perfect sir was capable of feeling anything at all for me."

Aidan Emery from Boardroom to Bedroom, Chloe Bateman

Rain pelted the window as we stood inches apart, so close that I could still smell the Lagavulin sixteen on his breath, and see the reflection of the little orange and purple lights in his cold gray eyes. Everyone had gone home from the Halloween party long ago leaving me and Mr. Emery alone. Though it was a Halloween Party neither of us dressed up in costume. Everyone else did though, from the mail room to even the board members who came, but not him—and since I was an extension of him, I didn't either.

All night I'd been preoccupied by how perfect he looked. Admittedly I spent a great deal of time drooling over my Mr. Emery, but today there was something about the way he carried himself that made him seem so much more. The suit that clung to his fit physique was so dark gray it almost seemed black, but it didn't make his eyes seem as utterly piercing, that was the only way I knew that what he wore was gray and not that light devouring shade. He hadn't said anything which wasn't uncharacteristic for him in the slightest, but he was drunk and that was.

Usually he prided himself on control in all things, but something had ruffled him, something in a personal e-mail that left us standing as we were in the conference room with him drunk and me...silent, trembling with anticipation and... exceptionally curious. That was the it which made him seem more beautiful than ever before, the vulnerability. It made him a thing of the sublime, both exquisite and perfectly terrifying.

He leaned in, and my heart leapt into my throat. Was this the moment I'd waited months for? Was he finally going to kiss me?

At the last moment he growled and turned from me.

"I have work to finish up. Call Winston and head home." He brought the tumbler back up to his lips.

The absence of him left me cold, but I had learned to expect as much from him. Of all the things we did do he'd long established that kissing wasn't one of them. His favorite phrase was "We both know what this is and isn't," and whereas I was fine with it on the surface, deep down inside I wanted more. He however, was determined make sure there was nothing personal between us beyond our budding bond of slave and master.

"Yes, Mr. Emery Sir."

On my way to the door he stopped me, leaning in close enough to whisper in my ear, his warm moist breath on my neck made me shiver and nipples harden into visible points against the merlot colored body con dress I wore.

"I'll call before I leave. And I expect to find you naked, wet and ready for me in the temple when I get in."

I swallowed. "Of course, Mr. Emery Sir." For a moment or two I lingered at the door. "I'll take the contracts from the Keller Group deal to your office before I leave. Will there be anything else?"

"No. Thank you, Natalia." He exited the room, and I took advantage of the moment and let out a heavy sigh, rubbing my neck. Despite his reluctance to take things beyond the physical I still cared for him deeply, and despite his best efforts to assert the contrary I knew he felt the same way too—or at the very least needed me.

After catching my breath I went to my desk and printed up the copies of the contract. My job as Mr. Emery's Personal Assistant meant I spent most of my time at work printing things out and arranging his calendar. Everything I did for him could be handled by the app he created that launched WAKE International and morphed it into the multi-billion dollar empire it was today. I always assumed it was his net worth that made him keep mundane affection out of our arrangement, his last Personal Assistant did shop around a book about him after all. Not only that but she was about to get it published which meant Mr. Emery had to acquire a publisher.