2

"My name is Chloe Bateman and this is my story, all names have been changed with the exception of mine and that of Sir, Mr. Aidan Emery. When I applied to the job as Mr. Emery's Personal assistant I never knew where it would end up. I never guessed that the end of the second night in his apartment that I'd be on my back, restrained to a bed amidst a sea of sex toys while he made love to me, gently caressing me like no one had ever touched me before. After that first night, I was all Sir's and knew I could never be another's."

The storm raged on never abating, the rain battered the windows of the limo. There was a traffic jam so I had ample time to waste. It seemed like everyone was leaving their Halloween office parties at the same time. My intention was to watch something on Netflix, but then while reaching for my phone in my purse I found that copy of Chloe's manuscript I had tucked away weeks ago.

I felt like I was doing something wrong just by holding it in my hand—which was why I shoved it to the bottom of my purse. With a quick glance up at Winston, Mr. Emery's driver, I opened the first page and started reading.

The words on the page made me angry. Hot frustration twisted low in my belly made that much worse by the fact that traffic still hadn't moved. The threat of boredom pushed me on, and I continued to read. When I reached the end of the fourth chapter point, the limo was pulling into the parking garage of the sinister looking Emporia. Lit by lightning the light devouring black glass tower looked like the monolith from 2001 a space odyssey something alien rather than man made.

The penthouse was empty, Tara the cook had gone home hours ago and in the fridge were the carefully labeled containers of food that only needed to be put in the microwave. The maid also wasn't there, she tidied up every day but it was rare that she was there when we got home.

Having the place to myself was odd. Since getting the job, I hadn't really been alone, Mr. Emery was always there or someone else was with me.

The place seemed so much larger without the odd noises of Mr. Emery milling about above on the forbidden second floor. There was still that distance between us, portions of himself that he wouldn't open up to me. I couldn't really blame him; he was my dom, not my boyfriend, and in a way I didn't really want him to be one. We were close enough and I didn't need candy and flowers, I needed spankings.

My personal phone buzzed, Lacy—my best friend and bad ass environmental attorney—was calling.

"Hey Lace."

"How goes the sweet life?"

"Says the woman with a penthouse of her own."

"Well, I can guarantee it's not as nice as the one you're living in."

"I guess." I sighed and looked around the dark apartment.

"Are you alright?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and walked back toward my bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, mom." I teased.

"You know I just worry."

"There's nothing to worry about."

"If you say so. Want to go out for drinks this weekend?"

"I have..." I pursed my lips and thought back to Mr. Emery's schedule. "I feel like there might be something on Mr. Emery's schedule."

"What about Natalia's schedule?"