Prologue 2

Kyra is the Picture above. This is like a insight of what happens in Star's kingdom. Kinda like Camp half-Blood. 

   The line of kids stretched long, but Kyra Beornach was near the front. Kyra wasn't sure if that was good or bad, she was nervous to get her dragon but excited too. She looked out from behind her hair. Her mom and dad were sitting together at the Nadder table, they smiled excitedly at her and she giggled shyly, waving. 

   Her best friend, Lamara Canterbear was behind her. Lamara had curly dirty blond hair, dark blue eyes, and pale skin the was showered with freckles. Lamara nudged her best friend forward as it was her turn. Kyra walked towards the tent and looked at her parents who smiled one last time.

   With that Kyra walked in and stood quietly. When the queen finally looked up Kyra shook at the multicolored eyes that stared into her very soul. But then the queen did something Kyra was not expecting, she smiled and gestured for her to sit in front of the fire.

   Kyra did so and waited for instruction.

   "My dearest Kyra, you are strong do not be worried about the future. Close your eyes and inhale the smoke, you will take the test easier that way.

   Kyra followed her instructions and was soon in front of a question board as she answered each question with who she was and what she would do she got more anxious. Some questions were guessing, others were easy. Finally she was finished.

   Kyra closed her eyes and suddenly she was back in the tent. The Queen looked joyous as she led her out just as she had done with the others. Standing in front of everyone Kyra felt her stomach drop. The Queen held out her hands and a rush of magic swirled around her. 

   Kyra felt a burning on the underside of her wrist and she turned it over it was her tattoo.... she was a-

   "Welcome Kyra Beornach to the Night fury table!" The Queen announced as Kyra looked up and saw the fading night fury sign above her head. Looking at her wrist she admired the tiny tattoo that showed her the path. 

   Kyra looked up and beamed at her parents, her mom Kayla was crying with happiness and her father Clorn was wearing the proudest smile he had ever smiled. Kyra jogged over to the obsidian table and joined her new brothers and sisters, all of them welcoming her with open arms.

   Lamara ended up being a gronkle and her tattoo on her right artery on her neck. She joined her brother Lamen and her mother Calara. Kyra looked up at the Queen and met her eyes, the Queen winked discretely and went back in the tent to wait for the next lucky 15 year old. Who ended up being the rudest girl ever.

   Lyra hoped she got a horrible dragon, a common one. And as a matter of fact she did, a monstrous nightmare. Lyra met Lamara's eyes and grinned. Maybe life wasn't so bad after all.