Chapter 5; Escape and New Friends

"This better be a good plan." Astrid muttered under her breath and I scowled.

   "What is your problem? This plan will work, I know it will." I retorted and glared at her.

   I was going to go out first and take all their fire onto me, the others would follow then I would follow them. I didn't tell them how I was going to follow them, I just told them I would. That part was kept to myself.

   "You ready girl?" I whispered and she gave me a smile.

   "Hell yes."

   I grinned and flipped up my hoods. Then, we darted out almost immediately drawing attention from at least five ships. The others Opal used a shot into the sky to gather. They started firing at us as we dodged between the hulls, some shots hitting and sinking their own ships as each and every one missed.

   Out of the corner of my eye on one pass I saw Heather, Snotlout, and Fishlegs  get out and a safe distance away. I smirked and drew my bow, running my hand along the dark wood. It's been so long since I've used this weapon, yet I know it like the last time I used it was only a couple minutes ago.

   Drawing an arrow I slid it on my bow.

   "Dive." I whispered to Opal and she complied, just when we were about to hit the deck she pulled up, I let loose the arrow, and the arrow found it's way through three hunters. All three dropped to the deck like flies and I pulled out two more arrows, putting one in between my lips and loading the next one for the shot.

   Opal shot one of her blasts at a volley of arrows headed our way while I shot the two archers responsible. As we came back up I saw the last four; Astrid, Hiccup, Ruffnut and Tuffnut speed away. I smiled and congratulated myself for the plan.

   "Okay Opal, just one more pass."  murmured into her ear and she purred in recognition. We dove straight down, getting so fast tears were ripped from my eyes, then Opal shot twice at the water creating a Tidal wave sinking the ships and swallowing us into the ocean. We sped away under the water, her quickly switching into her scauldron form and speeding towards the direction the riders were flying in.

   She switched back when I felt the presence of the other dragons and burst through the water with a roar. I laughed in glee at their shocked face and Opal had a goofy smile on her face.

   "Told you it would work!" I said proudly and put my hands on my hips posing dramatically. I made everyone, even the dragons, laugh and I smiled feeling happy and included here.

   "So.... now what? The Edge is the other way." Astrid pointed out and everyone fell silent.

   "Don't worry, I have a safe house we can stay at. It's just a couple hours away, as long as you guys can handle riding that long. I know we'll be fine, right Opal?" She nodded a yes.

   "Well then you lead the way." Hiccup gestured for me to take the lead and I gladly complied.

TIME SKIP

   "We've been flying for hours and haven't seen anything." Snotlout complained... again. Opal grumbled and I nodded.

   "Me too girl. Snotlout shut your trap we're here." I smiled at their confused faces.

   "There. Is. Nothing. Here. NOTHING!! You dragged us all the way out here for NOTHING!!" Snotlout yelled and rolled his eyes. Hookfang, who could see what I was talking about smacked him in the head ruffly.

   "OW! HOOKFANG!" I rolled my eyes and paused Opal.

   "Just follow me, you need to be fast." Opal dove down, a blur of white. The dragon riders followed warily, we slowly gained speed and suddenly we hit the water. Opal swam some ways away then surfaced again, flapping her wings she smiled happily at the island in front of us.