Chapter 1; First Meeting

Ok, so. I was thinking that this would be in dragons race to the edge when Viggo and Hiccup are at odds for the dragon eye, sometimes a chapter will be in between an episode, so a mini adventure but I'll try to stick to the episodes through and through.

I groaned with my eyes shut. Sometimes being queen is sooooo tiring I just want to die. Luckily I have a chance to take a vacation and I took it. Kyra is in charge right now so it should be fine. Opal and I are currently flying wherever the wind takes us, we don't care. We have food, water, and whatever the heck else we need to survive. I honestly don't know.

"Where are we going?" Opal hummed to me as I opened my eyes. Flipping back around I stroked her head. She was in her regular form (The cover) and drifted through the clouds lazily. I looked down on the ocean and thought about it.

"How about we just keep drifting, maybe we'll run into the scouts." Opal nodded her head in agreement and we went back to what we were doing, drifting in the sun.

I flipped back around to lay on my back and stroked my dragon's feathers. She purred in delight and flicked her tail back and forth. I stop stroking for a minute and laughed when she slapped my face with the feathered tail.

"Pampered gem." I murmured and closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of freedom. Suddenly I heard three dragon roars and shot up, smiling widely. Those are my scouts, scouts are riders that go out and look for Viking children under the age of eight that show potential. Then, they take the children (with the child's consent of course) home to the camp. There they grow up, find their group, meet their dragon, become immortal until they see fit to grow up, and sometimes even find love.

The riders met me and did the standard salute.

"My queen, we found two children and are bringing them home." One said and gestured to the girl and boy behind her.

"Hello Mala, Tilla, and Fevora. I see your hunt went well." They smiled and nodded while Opal growled her own greeting to the dragons. Mala was a tall, stocky woman with fair skin, blue eyes, and long golden hair. Tilla had earth colored skin, frizzy black hair, and warm chocolate eyes, she was average height. Fevora was short with long bright red hair pulled into a pony tail, vibrant green eyes, and pink skin that was covered in freckles.

Mala's dragon was a Whispering Death named Kalie, she was a bright electric blue. The tattoo was visible on Mala's right cheek. Tilla had a Thunder Drum named Sky, she was a deep purple and her tattoo was on the top of her left hand. Fevora's dragon was interesting, she had a dark red Slither Song. (This is a real dragon! Go here; https://www.quotev.com/quiz/4899142/How-to-train-your-dragon-2-What-dragon-is-the-dragon-for-you to see what I use for the test and dragons! It is not my test just so you guys know. ) His name was Memthor, her tattoo was on the inside of her left ankle.

The two children were blue eyed and blond headed. They looked like siblings and the boy was gripping onto his sister like she was his lifeline, she must be older. I smiled and nodded to them as we parted they making there way back to one of our outposts, probably Cloak Harbor since it's the closest one, and us to once again nowhere in particular.

After another period of silence I heard a shriek. But it wasn't just any shriek, it was a dragon shriek. A night fury to be exact. I flipped around as Opal dived toward the noise, both of us on high alert.

We came to an island surrounded by ships. On the ground were dragons, and humans. Dragon hunters by the looks of things...... Opal and I growled under our breath and she dove into the forest near the beach. When we were hidden I dismounted and put in my ninja hood, and cloak. Opal waited for me to be finished and kept watch.