Chapter 2

Eli ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

                                      Eli
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hudson languidly strolled around the empty hallways. He had decided to skip his math class, seeing as he was doing well in the subject and he really didn't feel like sitting through an hour or something he already knew. The air in the school was different than anywhere else in the world, he noticed.

You could feel the tension in the air around you and it was unsettling. The clock ticking on the wall was pestilential and Hudson sighed as he tried his best to block the noise out.

Sniffles were heard as Hudson ambled past the boys bathroom. He continued to walk, but the sniffling turned into hushed cries. Hudson sighed before turning on his heel to walk back to the bathroom.

Eli was sitting underneath the sinks, his knees pressed against his chest.

"Hey..." Hudson's voice caused Eli to jump in surprise and he cowered further into himself.

Hudson was conflicted. This guy obviously wanted to be left alone, but then again, he was crying.
Hudson sat down on the floor, diagonally from Eli. "So...why are you crying?"

Eli quickly wiped away his tears and avoided looking at Hudson.

"Okaaaay" Hudson said under his breath. He was here trying to be a nice person and help this guy out, but he's just ignoring him. "Well, if you aren't going to talk then I'm gonna go."

Hudson got up and started to walk towards the door when I quiet "wait" was whimpered.
Hudson turned and saw Eli wipe away the tears off his face.
"Please." He whispered. "Please stay."

Hudson sighed and nodded his head to himself before sitting in his previous spot. "So are you gonna tell me why you're crying in the bathroom?"

Eli saw Hudson and he knew he was a nice guy. But that didn't cause the shakiness in his voice to lessen. "They-they.." he tried to form a sentence but was interrupted by a hiccup. "They followed me i-in here."

Hudson lifted his head to look Eli in the eyes. He got a better look at the boys face and noticed the small red stain of blood at the corner of his mouth.

"What? Who came in here?" Hudson urged. Eli let his eyes flicker down and he noticeably stiffened under Hudson's gaze.

"What are you doing? You're letting him in! He can't know! No one can know!"

Eli hectically covered his ears with his hands the best he could.

Hudson noticed the odd behavior but decided to stay quiet about it and wait. Once Eli let his hands fall back down to his lap, Hudson spoke again. "Who came in here?"

"I'm sor-ry. I can't. I have to go!" Eli choked out before getting up and running out of the bathroom. Hudson was quick to follow but once he reached the hallway, Eli was no where to be seen.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Eli ran around the corner, praying that Hudson wouldn't find him. It's not that he didn't like Hudson, it was quite the opposite really. He liked Hudson a lot but he was protecting himself. He didn't want to feel the sting of Hudson's rejection.