Chapter 17

Nick •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Hudson felt his stomach knot up as he looked over the jarring scars on Eli's faltering arms

                                   Nick
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hudson felt his stomach knot up as he looked over the jarring scars on Eli's faltering arms. Nothing could have prepared him to see the marks that seemed to be tattooed on his arms, the scars of course but also scabs, burns, and bruises.

Eli peeked open an eye to risk seeing Hudson's reaction and closed his eye again when he saw the look on his face. His eyebrows furrowed and his mouth a straight line, a dimple appearing on his left cheek.

Hudson's own arm seemed to gravitate to Eli's, as he delicately wrapped his hand around his wrist to pull it towards his body. As Eli's arm was tugged away from his body he turned his head, his face scrunched up, afraid of what Hudson was doing. But surprisingly, he did nothing. Hudson just held Eli's arm with his.

Eli opened his eyes and looked down at their arms, their skin tones that should be the same had a drastic difference between the lividness of Eli's arm and the sepia of Hudson's. Eli nervously moved his other hand over to their interlocked ones, shaking, as he pointed his finger out and traced the protruding veins on Hudson's skin, starting on his hand.

"Eli...." Hudson began, gulping. The finger that was now tracing up past his forearm to his bicep was sending a million nerves upon his skin ablaze. Eli was in his own little world as he curiously slid his hand under Hudson's sleeve and moved his hand to his upper tricep. Hudson let out a breath he wasn't aware that he had been holding and that seemed to snap Eli out of whatever trance he was stuck in.

"O-oh my god! I'm sorry I-I don't know what got into me!" Eli panicked as he flailed his arm around, trying to get his hand out from under Hudson's sleeve, stretching the fabric out in the process.

Hudson chuckled a little, bringing his hand up and helping Eli slip his from under the cotton sleeve. "You know, it's kind of nice seeing you loosen up a little bit." Hudson said with a small smile, but he was still a little uneasy by the way he swooned when he felt Eli's touch.

Eli felt his hands start to sweat with nerves and he reached back to try to put the sweatshirt back on.

Once his hand reached the soft fabric, another was there stopping him from pulling it up. "No, don't hide again." Eli stopped. Hudson was looking at him with such vigor, his dark orbs saying a thousand words that Eli hoped that one day, he will be able to read.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Nick sat alone in his room, his back against the door and his breathing heavy. Hot tears scalded his face and the salt stung when they settled into his wounds.

"Nick, come out, you don't have to be afraid of me." His father said in a way that made Nick's stomach churn. This wasn't something that had ever happened before, something he wouldn't let happen. He's not an idiot, he's heard Eli's sobs when he was with his father and he didn't quite understand what was going on that was out of the usual...but now he understood, and just barely got away. His father was standing right outside his door now and Nick could practically smell the concoction of alcohol and smoke coming from him. He wasnt sure if he wanted to stay against the door to try and keep his dad from coming in or if he wanted to cowardly run and hide from him.