Chapter 22

Eli •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••That night, all Eli could think of was the feeling of Hudson's warm body pressed against his

Eli
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
That night, all Eli could think of was the feeling of Hudson's warm body pressed against his. Even now, lying in bed, he could feel the warmth radiate off of his body. And just like every other night, he had the urge. The urge to move a little closer to him, the urge to feel his soft skin, the way to feel him. His face was flushed and he knew it by the way he was getting too warm despite being fine a mere second ago. He remembered earlier, the way he could feel Hudson's breath as they shared the limited air between them. The way that he could feel every nerve in his body begin to tingle. He wanted it again. He wanted more. He looked over at Hudson who was sleeping soundly. All Eli wanted was to feel him again. Against him. He tried to make it natural, the way he scooted closer to Hudson. The heat getting hotter and hotter as he neared.

Eli's heart was beating out of his chest and all he could hear was his blood pumping. He let his right hand leave its spot curled up by his  chest to extend outward towards Hudson.

It was like he was warming his hand by a fire, one inch too close he would get burned but his head was so fuzzy he could hardly think of the pain. His finger gently made contact with Hudson's arm, making the path it did before, up his bicep and tracing the protruding veins. His skin was warm and soft like cream and he wanted to feel more of it. He wondered, would everywhere be this soft? He wouldn't be able to bring himself to find out.

Hudson moved a little in his sleep and Eli gasped and pulled his hand away. His heart sped up even more at the moment he thought he was caught. The tingling of his nerves was back again and he didn't have the conscience to fight the urge to reach out again. He wanted to feel more.

This time, his fingers didn't take the same safe trail they usually did, now they went up his shoulder to walk on top of the visible parts of Hudson's collar bones. It was just as he had thought; he was soft their too. He gulped, eying Hudson's bare chest, the lines that shaped him. His hand followed his eye's trail, slowly and delicately tracing shapes onto his skin. He could feel Hudson's heartbeat and he blushed at how fast it was. His head was muddled with thoughts as the flannel sheets that covered them slipped down more, revealing part of his toned torso. He wondered, how would the muscled planes of his abdomen feel, would it be smooth like the rest of him? Would it be a bumpy path filled with hills and valleys? He would never find out.

Eli hesitantly pulled his hand away, a frown evident on his face. He couldn't believe he had just done that. He clenched his fist at the way his head kept feeding him ideas and he huffed, turning over so he could not be tempted.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hudson opened his eyes when he heard Eli turn over. His heart was beating out of his chest. What had gotten into Eli? He remembered back when they first started to be friends, he remembered the way Eli trailed his finger over the scar on his hand, thinking he was asleep. He wasn't then and he wasn't now. He could still feel the little starbursts or warmth where Eli's fingers had traveled. His face was heated and he secretly wished he would be able to feel him tracing the shapes onto him again.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Nick was there again, the rundown building filled with sweaty bodies and fighting. He didn't know what had made him go back there but it was the sight of the two people fighting on the mats. He wanted that. He walked past the threshold and looked around. He didn't know how to do this. Does he have to sign up to fight or can he just go up there?