Chapter 5

Eli ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Eli woke up with a pounding headache and he groaned, wiping the sleep from his eyes

                                    Eli
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Eli woke up with a pounding headache and he groaned, wiping the sleep from his eyes. He opened his eyes and jumped out of his skin when he saw Hudson sitting next to the bed, his eyes focused on a book.

Hudson looked up after hearing Eli wake up and he smiled fondly. "Good morning sleeping beauty." He teased.

"Fuck off." Was all Eli muttered. He pulled the blankets away from his body and yawned.

"Well, someone's cranky." Hudson continued to poke fun of the boy. His eyes flickered to Eli's body that was now uncovered before going back to reading his book.

Eli looked down and panicked. His shirt had ridden up in his sleep and a part of his stomach was visible. He quickly yanked his shirt down, but he already knew that Hudson saw. He was expecting some kind of question or commentary but Hudson just continued to read.

As much as Eli hated feeling gratitude for other people, he was grateful that Hudson hadn't mentioned anything. His eyes stung at the memories but he quickly reburied the thoughts and blinked away any tears.

"Are you hungry?" Hudson asked, taking a break from the words on the page to look at Eli.

"No. I'm fine." Eli said a little too quickly.

Hudson sighed. Eli was skinny, but not the good kind. His collar bones stuck out just a little too much, and his ribs were too noticeable when Hudson picked him up. Not to mention, Hudson could pick him up as if he weighed about as much as a sack of potatoes.

"Eli." Hudson warned. His eyes stared right through Eli's lies.

Eli stiffened and if it was an anime, there would be sweat dripping down his face. "Yes?" He asked innocently.

"Eat." Hudson wasn't asking anymore. It was a command.

Eli cowered slightly as he heard Hudson's cold tone. He didn't like to be yelled at but he had been getting used to it. As hard as it was to convince himself, he is starting to believe that Hudson wouldn't hurt him like everyone else.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hudson carefully cracked an egg against the side of the pan before letting the yolk and egg whites land on the pan. The pan sizzled slightly as the egg began to fry.

Eli sat at the bar, kicking his dangling legs as he watched Hudson make breakfast.

"Hey, Eli?" Hudson began.

"Oh great, here comes the inevitable. He's going to ask me to leave. No, he's going to ask about the marks. No he's~"

"Can you go into the fridge and get the pack of bacon?" Hudson finished.