Chapter 10

Jake POV

About 3 hours into the drive I look over to Rose and Rider bother past out about an hour ago. I can't shake this feeling that I should not have left. Yet I know there is no reason for me to stay in a town where there a chance i might walk past him. Even worse walk past him seeing him with someone else hand in hand. My heart aches at the idea of it.

I feel tears start to build up as I drive. Struggling to focus on the road I pull over an try to collect myself before I break out into tears that feel like I wouldnt be able to stop if I start.

Sitting taking deep breaths trying to calm myself i feel a hand on my shoulder and look over and see Rider has woken up. Looking over to him with a sympathetic smile on his.

' would you like me to drive? ' he signs

I slowly nod and smile at him " thank you "

I get out the car and swap seats with him. Getting back into the car I notice that with all the commotion of us switching seats Rose still fast asleep.

I shake my head and chuckle at at her. It's crazy how this girl can sleep though anything.

Rider starts the car and starts to drive.

I lean over and open my back pack looking for my head phones. As u find them I place them over my ears and put my playlist on shuffle

I chuckle to myself as the first song that plays is - cant go home - by jelly roll. How ironic

I start to daze off staring out the window seeing only a thick forest

I slow start to fall asleep still struggling to shake the feeling of regret

***

I'm awoken but a sudden stop and my whole body jerks forward knocking my head on the head rest of the driver seat.

I groan in pain looking up to see the faces of the twins both looking back at me

" What the fuck happen ? " I ask slightly annoyed but the rude awakening

Rose pipes up and says " this fool refused to let me play music so I tried to get the Aux from him " she glared at Rider

I look at him with his phone and the cable still attached raised in the air.

'she wanted to play music that would have woken u ' he sign clearly looking  frustrated

" He has been sleeping for wat feels like a million hours  what does it matter he was gonna wake up soon on any case "

' firstly it was only 7 not a million. Drama queen ' he signs

My eyes widen as he say 7 hours.

"Yea your were out for a while " Rose says

" I must have pasted out while listening to music "
I say rubbing my head which is still aching

" Where are we ? " I ask looking where out the window and see open fields of what I assume is wheat

" We are about 30 min from Penticton " Rose says shoving her phone in my face trying to show my the GPS.

As she says Penticton I realized that's where my cousin Adrian lives.

Adrian is my mothers younger sisters son. He is from a pack in South Africa. His mother is mated to the beta of the biggest pack in Africa their territory spans across the province of Kwa Zulu natal and up into the lower half of the Kruger National park.

"We need to make a stop in Penticton "

"Why nothing happens there " rose says with a groan showing her lack of interest

" My cousin Adrian is there at the moment he is doing some traveling to see if he can find his mate " I day replying

" Is he hot ? " Was the first thing she said. I looked at he with questioning eyes like does it even matter ?

"I don't know. He is my cousin " I say no ever even thinking if he was.
I pull out my phone and search his profile on Facebook to show her

"Dam he is hella hot !!" She screams causing both Ryder and I to jolt in surprise from the noise.

" Doesn't matter he is gay " I say shaking my head

"Well eye candy is eye candy. We should definitely stop and say hi"

" Lol.  I'm going to phone him and see where he is"

i looked down at my phone scrolling through my contacts till i see Adrian and tap to call and press my ear to the phone waiting for him to answer. 

" Hey Jake, how you doing?"i hear ass he answers 

 "Hey there im all good   listen i just wanted to let you know that i will in penticton soon was hoping the we could meet up and say hi? " 

" Yea sure no problem. you lucky today is my off day" 

 " Awesome send me a location then ill meet you." 

" cool ill send it now   see you in a bit "

 " Bye check you in a few "