renjun ➛ soldier

“ you have no idea how long i've been waiting for this to happen. ”
high school!au

━━━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━━━

y/n has been crushing on a certain boy since fifth grade. huang renjun, the same boy she's been crushing on since he moved to her school felt the same.

renjun and y/n have been classmates since elementary and although they have been for many years, they never made a move with  each other.

it was simply because they were afraid that they'll avoid each other and never have a chance to talk to one another again if they did. that's why they chose to hide those feelings. at least they became friends, right?

until one day, the dreamies were talking at lunch in the cafeteria and jeno told him an alarming news.

renjun found out someone's been crushing on y/n too so he immediately came up with a plan in his mind.

"ahem, he's staring at you again." y/n's bestfriend hina whispered into her ear after squealing slightly.

y/n rolled her eyes and elbowed her arm lightly.

"hey! what was that for?! i'm doing you a favor you know?" her friend hissed and rubbed her arm.

"favor my butt, stop looking at him and start eating your food. lunch will be ending in 15 minutes and your food is still untouched." she scolded.

"okaaaay, mom." hina groaned but complied.

while she's at it, y/n gathered up her courage and looked up only to meet renjun's gaze.

the two immediately looked away from each other in embarrassment, their cheeks turning pink at the sudden eye contact.

"i bet he made eye contact with her." donghyuck said as he watched renjun's blushing form while crossing his arms in his chest.

"seriously dude, when are you going to confess? seungmin might get her first if you don't move." jaemin tried to persuade him as jeno nodded in agreement.

renjun sighed heavily and massaged his eyebrows stressfully. "i will confess to her, alright? when i do, i'll be needing your help." he stated and the trio nodded almost immediately.

people had no idea how long they've been waiting for this moment so renjun can finally stop worrying and ranting about someone getting his crush first before him.

〖 ✾ 〗

"hey y/n!" a voice echoed in the almost empty hallway from behind making her look over her shoulder to see a bright-looking seungmin heading her way.

y/n turned around with a grin and greeted him. "hello, seungmin! how can i help you?" she beamed.

seungmin smiled cutely at her. "um, can i borrow your english textbook? i kinda forgot to write down notes since i was busy doing something in class..." he asked shyly, scratching the back of his neck while looking down on his shoes.

y/n nodded in reply. "sure! come with me, it's in my locker." she started walking towards her locker with seungmin tailing on her back.

they didn't notice a group of four boys hiding behind a wall, watching them like some sort of stalkers.

"there goes renjun's crush..." donghyuck trailed off. jaemin smacked him for that.

meanwhile, the pair reached y/n's locker.

"here it is. please, protect this with all your heart." she told him dramatically and held out the thick book to seungmin carefully with both hands.