Jaemin ➛ The tweet

Prompt: Jaemin and Y/n aren't together yet, but they like each other and are mutuals on twitter.

Jaemin accidentally published a tweet about his crush on Y/n on his main account instead of his private side account. Y/n is too dense to realize it's for her, but worries enough to ask a rather mortified Jaemin about it.

━━━━━━━⊰❈⊱⊰❈⊱━━━━━━━

Y/n and Jaemin hung out in the morning and went to their favorite shop to spend time together. The former didn't want to go at first due to the current situation but since her friend was good at persuading, she agreed, but was careful while she was outside.

Y/n just got out of shower and is currently sitting on the foot of her bed, drying her hair with a towel, when she saw Jaemin's mysterious tweet.

"I think I like her a lot." Y/n read the tweet aloud.

"Who?"

She continued to stare at the words in her phone's screen as she wondered who her friend might be referring to.

She decided to be nosy and sent a message to her close friend/neighbor A.K.A Jaemin's best friend, Lee Jeno and asked him about his best friend's tweet.

jenonoooo

8:46 pm

jen

i don't mean to be nosy but

who was nana referring to in his recent tweet? hehe it's for a friend

She was already regretting ever asking after sending the last text message and facepalmed at her own lie and stupidity.

'It made me look like I can't mind my own business, geez.'

Y/n checked the new message she received from Jeno and squinted her eyes at the text.

jenonoooo

8:48 pm

He hasn't told me anything, and I'm curious myself.

She went back to the app to check the comments for clues but the tweet was already deleted, much to her dismay.

Her shoulders sagged at the thought of her crush liking someone else.

'I mean, I guess it's fine. I'm still his friend anyway.'

'Wait, should I ask him about it?'

'But why should I ask him that? It's none of my business.'

jaeminanana

9:01 pm

hello, nana! good day to you.

i didn't know you had a crush 🧐

She laid down on her bed as she held the device above her face.

Calling...

jaeminanana

answer | reject

Her phone slipped out of her hands and attacked her face when she saw the Caller ID.

"What the!" she rubbed her nose as she composed herself and answered the call.

Meanwhile, Jaemin was completely mortified when he received her text and decided it was better if he said it on call.

"Hello?..."

"Good evening, Y/n."

"Nana! I wasn't expecting you to call..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that. I want to clear things up here. Did you see my post?"

"Yeah, I saw like, a few seconds after you deleted it. Why?"

"Well..." Jaemin hesitated. "It was.. about you, actually."

Y/n eyes went wide comically at the new found information.

"What? For me? Do you like me?"

"Yes, I do. I do like you. I figured a few weeks ago and... yeah. I like you." 

Y/n almost let out an inhuman noise but held it in as she responded, her composed self almost breaking.

"Are you serious? I like you too a lot, why didn't you tell me?"

Jaemin laughed sheepishly, "I wasn't brave enough."

"That's okay, at least now we know about our feelings for each other."

"You're right."

"...."

"...."

"Goodnight, Jaemin! I just remembered I have things to do, it was really nice talking to you. and.. hearing your voice."

"Goodnight! I'll call you tomorrow morning again. Bye~"

When the phone call ended, they both opened their own friend group chat to tell their friends what just happened.

〖 ✸ 〗

I just want to say thank you for reading and voting and leaving nice comments on this book! I appreciate you all so much and I'm glad you're enjoying my work <3

Also, I just found this prompt generator a few days ago and decided to give it a try! I hope you liked it! Take care, everyone <3