VAIN | BOOK 1 | THE DIVINE TRILOGY

Inside the Universe

"There is nothing more
  beautiful or necessary
         then the fall."

"It's divine, isn't it?
The origins of
True Power."

A GRIPPING STORY OF POWER, CONTROL, AND NOVEL DEVOTION

_

SUMMARY

Safiya Natalle, a vilified assassin with skills to qualify as a WMD, finds herself matched at her own game for the first time with her just as formidable opponent Loki, The God of Mischief.

Wrapped in their own beautiful delusions, lies, and dark temptation, an inexplicable fascination arises, nurtured by the prospect of the other's death. As enemies enticed and provoked by each other, the lure of their own hatred and loathing sets realms ablaze, not caring who burns in the crossfire.

But they soon find in their pursuit, perhaps too late, that there is only one thing powerful enough to transcend even the most fortified; A place where truth meets lies, their strength acknowledges weakness and God welcomes the Devil.

Both so resentful of love and their worthiness of it, they battle to resist the paralyzing consequences of truth through a constant struggle for power and control. In their fall, they become the one thing the other fears most.

A death worth dying, and a life worth living.

_

_

THE FALL

She did not give him the assurance in a hesitation. She pulled the trigger, killing the beauty of life and the meaning of death all at once.

He looked right at her as the most incomprehensible of emotions staked its claim and subsumed all others:

Love.

Which was impossible.

And yet...

There was no mistaking it. Wild, helpless, pure. Blooming and splattering in tandem with the blood on his shirt.

He mouthed it, as he often did from the other side of crowded rooms:

I. Love. You.

And then he fell. Hard, fast, of his own fatal defect. The bullet just an accessory to his own mortality.

There is one weapon in this world that eclipses all others. It's inspiring.

Enough to live in fear of it.

_